• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E130L PP Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I’m think that I need perhaps 2 CCS boards...

Boards ?? For a CCS only 3...4 components are needed.
These may be useful: 20PCS/Lot 5x7 4x6 3x7 2x8cm Double Side Prototype Diy Universal Printed Circuit PCB Board Protoboard pcb kit|pcb board|double side prototypeprotoboard pcb - AliExpress

Also would you guys run the heaters on AC or DC?

AC is fine. DC for heaters is needed typically when very low level signals are amplified, like in case of phono amplifiers.

Last edited:
As a tubes-only version, I would build this:
Another one only tubes but with CCS :D
The CCS screen resistor (82k) probably need adjusted to get the right current.
Mona

Attachments

• Phase.png
    Phase.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
CCS

These may be useful: 20PCS/Lot 5x7 4x6 3x7 2x8cm Double Side Prototype Diy Universal Printed Circuit PCB Board Protoboard pcb kit|pcb board|double side prototypeprotoboard pcb - AliExpress

So 6n6p is dual triode, so you would control each triode with it's own CCS, to balance desired current on each E130 tube? I'll get to the extra tube ahead of the phase splitter soon as gain is an issue here I think.

AC is fine. DC for heaters is needed typically when very low level signals are amplified, like in case of phono amplifiers.

CCS

I have some IXYS IXTP08N100D2's & 1k pots, which could be implemented they will work at low voltage

Joined 2006
Paid Member
With only 250V max on G2 ( and typical 150V ) this is not a tube for ultralinear or triode mode in push-pull , even if you want . Maybe for single-ended .
So the best option is a stabilized G2 voltage , 150V or so .
Very similar with horizontal sweep tubes , wich have low voltage G2
This tube works in triode like a charm. In PP it gives easily at least 30W at low distortion and over 40% efficiency, try that with a 6L6 or EL34 or even a KT88.
If you want "UL" use part of the output cathode loaded.

Last edited:
Looks like every one is fallen asleep here ;) time to wake up :p
Why not use some nice looking locktal tubes :cool:
One side with, the other without, the decoupling C in the first stage to show the difference.
No delay on the high voltage needed, the auto bias turns on when the first 7N7 heats-up.
Mona

Attachments

• E130L-PP.png
    E130L-PP.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Vdng.png
    Vdng.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 257
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.