regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Mods to reduce even more third harmonic.jpg
    Mods to reduce even more third harmonic.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 729
  • Dx Super A - MKII - Extracting .pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 293
Looks like a great amp to build for us car audio people...class a at normal listening and a/b when we need to get down to business. And a blameless design on top of that.

I need to find some existing amps that I can use for their power supplies and heatsinks so I can put some of these into my car.

It is already a hell hot...i do not think it can be good for a car

But you can adjust it class AB...and then you can put it inside your car..unless you are in frozzen Artic or Antartida.

I am celebrating...drinking a herb we have here... alike a tea..but it is green, smashed and mixed with boiling water...we call "chimarrão".

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• gaucho_mate.jpg
    gaucho_mate.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 670
24 hours playing at 1 watt RMS ... was adjusted at 300mA

Now, after 24 hours playing... current is 270mA

It was dissipating a little bit more than 20 watts.

You see down the wall's corner a circuit...this is a zener (2V7), a resistor (22 ohms) and a red Led...it starts to light at 1.2 Watts...... these parts are in series and they are connected in parallel with the speaker wires..... i have adjusted to avoid it to light.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 24 hours playing 1 watt output power.jpg
    24 hours playing 1 watt output power.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Power in Class A is only 1 watt, just the minimum you may need to listen

low volume moments of Classical music...the pianíssimo.

To the fortissimo it changes to Class AB, and depending how strong your supply is you will achieve 80 watts RMS at 8 ohms, 150 watts RMS at 4 ohms and 320 watts RMS at 2 ohms..... naturally, if your supply can feed this power...supply power must be twice the RMS output power.... say...to 320 watts you will need a transformer of 640 watts or 640 VA per channel...observe it is to one single channel this need...also your rectifiers and electrolitic condensers must be big.

Watch videos typping "Carlos Mergulhão" in the Youtube's search bar and you will have all you need, including simulator images with this amplifier under testing.

The Total harmonic distortion is 0.00134% to full power in 8 ohms.

Sensitivity is adjustable, standard is 750 milivolts peak to drive the amplifier full power

Input impedance is 56k aproximately

It is flat from 10 Hertz to 137 kilohertz and 1 dB at 5 hertz to 150 Kilohertz aprox.

If you think 1 watt is not a good power, then watch this video here:

In portuguese too, es sencillo para usted.

Is 1W in pure class A too low power - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Car air conditioned in Brasil does not cool down back trunck

it works only to the passengers.... these amplifiers, usually are installed behind the passenger's back sit and this is outside the passengers cabinet.

Of course you can put it in other place... and inside the passenger place.

It is up to you...i do not think we should use Class A or Super A this way..but it is up to you...be happy with your choice and you can keep coffee warm or cook some eggs over it.

You know guys, i made this for you... i personally do not like hot things...my place is already too much hot, at my home i am using Class A, or Super A only to my prototype..my home units will be adjusted to Class AB

I do not make things only to myself, this is an example.... i am offering to people some way to try another approach, another idea, another style, and all this is low price, low cost and be be easily reverted to the standard Class AB... videos show how to do it.

hehehheheh:) in english

in spanish is jejejejjejejeje:)

In portuguese is ahahahahaha!

Carlos

Last edited: