Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Attachments

• DSC06974.JPG
    DSC06974.JPG
    617.9 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC06975.JPG
    DSC06975.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 360
Oh well the problems is that those particular heat sink are more available on EBay so that is way I bought two set of 5 I really don't want to wait 3 weeks for testing a boards I be hanging in a tree waiting, :p service uhmmmm was ok I wrote back to the seller "next time please wrap each heat sink" so they don not scratch too much luckily they didn't suffer too much.

best regards
Juan

Attachments

• DSC04388.JPG
    DSC04388.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 278
dx super A

Some photos from today work.

Now it's time for test!
+/-22V
20mV Offset Without any macthing.
45mV Idle current.
8R Dummy load.
1(one) pair out transistors. 2sc5200 2sa 1943.
10KHz
20KHz
80KHz
100KHz
16KHz
There is a pulse peak as the last picture show.

Attachments

• DSC06997.JPG
    DSC06997.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC06996.JPG
    DSC06996.JPG
    569.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC06993.JPG
    DSC06993.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC06990.JPG
    DSC06990.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC06988.JPG
    DSC06988.JPG
    582.3 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC06984.JPG
    DSC06984.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC06981.JPG
    DSC06981.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC06979.JPG
    DSC06979.JPG
    583.1 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC06978.JPG
    DSC06978.JPG
    593.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Pulse peak..JPG
    Pulse peak..JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I can't tell if that overshoot is in the input signal or created by the amplifier.
Odd that it only appears on the +ve half of the squarewave.

You have a two channel scope.
Monitor the input AND the output so that you can compare the signals.

If the overshoot is in the input signal, see if you can use the probe adjustment to trim it out and/or use appropriate loading on the cable to suppress the reflection.

dx

I can't tell if that overshoot is in the input signal or created by the amplifier.
Odd that it only appears on the +ve half of the squarewave.

You have a two channel scope.
Monitor the input AND the output so that you can compare the signals.

If the overshoot is in the input signal, see if you can use the probe adjustment to trim it out and/or use appropriate loading on the cable to suppress the reflection.
Thanks for reply Sir.AndrewT
I'm sure that overshoot created by the amplifier.
In any case i take care to monitor the input signal as you want.
Regards.
Thimios.

I do not have this overshot at home

I would not release an amplifier this way ... uncle Charlie do not drink Alcohol....exception was last week, but this amplifier was released long time ago.... so, the drinking happened long time after.

Check your scope.., and generator, and scope overshot alignment.....and parts into the pcboard.... and current..and load.

How many watts used to measure?.. show us, please, your load and testing setup details.

I had such crazy waveforms one day..but my scope was not connected to the power amplifier ground.

You really believe in yourself... self confidence is good...i do suffer from the same problem too.... but to show these waveforms imagining the amplifier was bad designed this way is really an excess of self confidence for yourself and a huge lack of confidence on the circuit designer.... the most terrible is the man behind the stuff.... the amplifier was based in Doctor Self design..and he do not drink too (not in working days for sure)

Do you really imagine a designer will release something like that ..... fast and easy people would discover...this is suicide..no one does that!

Another detail.... i am in South Hemisphere.... here, down the south, gravitation and magnetic forces does not push waveform to negative overshot....also in your part of the world it is not pushed positive.... i have this amplifier here, at home...hundreds built.... there are videos showing waveforms..you are not the first one to hook an scope into an amplifier..others did that before.

Andrew T is not my best friend...and even he perceived this is too much bad for uncle charlie to release..come on Thimios! ... in this moment i can see Andrew T as a dear friend...life is strange.... surprise!

Carlos

Last edited:
We have several videos containing waveforms

From several models, despite they are not that different...all them follow the basic idea from Blameless...also pcboards are one evolution of the previous one..not all that different too.... the last one is the best one.

Supercharged, low power basic scope inspection - YouTube

I have videos posted about all models..showing waveform and simulator images from all them.

regards,

Carlos

From several models, despite they are not that different...all them follow the basic idea from Blameless...also pcboards are one evolution of the previous one..not all that different too.... the last one is the best one.

Supercharged, low power basic scope inspection - YouTube

I have videos posted about all models..showing waveform and simulator images from all them.

regards,

Carlos
Ok Mr Carlos don't worry.
I believe it's my problem but with same configuration i have test other amplifiers .Please look this.#post 369-370.http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164756-p3a-comparsion-table-long-37.html
Something as earth loop because i see this at input signal too.
My oscilloscope and signal generator connected at power via 1:1 transformer.
They have common earth and this may be problem.
I can repeat tests soon .
''How many watts used to measure?.. show us, please, your load and testing setup details.''
the voltmeter on the right shown rms volts.
''You really believe in yourself... self confidence is good...i do suffer from the same problem too.... but to show these waveforms imagining the amplifier was bad designed this way is really an excess of self confidence for yourself and a huge lack of confidence on the circuit designer.... the most terrible is the man behind the stuff.... the amplifier was based in Doctor Self design..and he do not drink too (not in working days for sure)''
I never say that is no good designed amplifier.I will try to fix it.
Sorry for this Mr. Carlos.
Best regards.:cheers:
Thimios.

Last edited: