DSP Xover project (part 2)

Hi guys

thanks for all info. I think that perhaps it make sense to open a new dedicated thread (something like "NAJDA dsp preamp help desk") where to put all these info/resources, and put general discussions on the NAJDA... and let's wait that Nick comes back with us.

If you guys agree with this, I can try to do it in the next few days.

Pietro

I am after some advice.. whilst tweaking a setup on the Nadja the NUC software decided to crash. I couldn’t reconnect so after 5 mins I powered down. On powering up things seemed fine. However they aren’t. The DSP isn’t doing what’s saved, it seems to be playing all the channels “ straight through “ ignoring the DSP settings. Even the channels which aren’t enabled. Have I corrupted the setting on the DSP chip? Obviously with Nick not on the scene, I cannot get the chip reprogrammed if that’s the issue. Advise please!!

I had a problem quite a while back and I actually don't remember exactly what it was but Nick sent me this and it worked.

Hi Bengt,

It seems that your preset is corrupted for some reason.
The easier fix would be to simply erase that preset: connect with Nuc,
open the preset dialog and erase from here. This implies that you have
more than one preset stored in that flash - there must be at least one
preset for the system to be able to boot.

If that doesn't solve all the issues, get the previous Nuc (see the
link for the current version and manually change version number to
1.1.1, that will get you the previous version). Connect and let the
downgrade take place.
Then connect again with the current Nuc to restore the firmware.
Unfortunately there's no way to reset the firmware in 1 step.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Here are the drivers, from Page 340. I think there is one or two missing but the original and the latest one are there (zip-download of all three)

http://www.dahlbergaudiodesign.se/Najda_NUC_1.1.1_1.1.2_1.1.5.zip

Thanks for that info. I have already downloaded the different versions of NUC. I was going to try upgrading first. Think I am at ver 1.1 never upgraded the NUC as never needed to. Don’t think it’s my preset, as I tried loading some of the other presets I had all seemed to have the same issues. It’s a good job I use protection capacitors, or I would have fried some expensive/irreplaceable drivers/ membranes. Job for tomorrow..... will report back. Hope it fixes it... as is there life after Nadja...........:(

I update the NUC to 1.2 reinstalled the firmware. Came up with a clean installation. Generated a simple set of filters. Watched the monitor screen whilst playing some music. The monitor levels were only showing on the channels I enabled, good start I thought. Turned on the amp only had a signal going to 3 of the channels not 4. Saved the set up turned off the amp, checked the speaker wiring connections - okay. Turned amp on. The music which was playing through 3 channels now replaced with white noise. In the monitor I can mute and change the output levels of the channels I enabled in the menu. Not sure what to do next..... ideas.

I can but mention a problem I had with my red board, where actually my Najda files on my laptop caused a problem which nearly blew my speakers. I spoke with Nick about it at the time. I recall having some files on my laptop and others in my desktop or some such moving around of files caused an unknown problem.

FWIW, try removing all prior files on your laptop/desktop, and start again from scratch. It worked for me.

I update the NUC to 1.2 reinstalled the firmware. Came up with a clean installation. Generated a simple set of filters. Watched the monitor screen whilst playing some music. The monitor levels were only showing on the channels I enabled, good start I thought. Turned on the amp only had a signal going to 3 of the channels not 4. Saved the set up turned off the amp, checked the speaker wiring connections - okay. Turned amp on. The music which was playing through 3 channels now replaced with white noise. In the monitor I can mute and change the output levels of the channels I enabled in the menu. Not sure what to do next..... ideas.

Hi
I would recommend to reinstall the firmware again, then observe / controll if all channels are working. If yes try again a new setup, if this works you can use this setup as a new reference.

All the best