DSP Xover project (part 2)

I had some wrong values om the psu, after changing it and got exactly 12V. So now I have been using the najda for a while and I must say it is much better that the minidsp Opendrc-da8 that it replaced. No hiss at all. The minidsp always had some bakgrund hiss I couldnt get rid of. And I think it has better details/clarity. So Im very happy. I have some bursons v6 vivid on the way so it will interesting to hear that combination to.

The new board arrived today :)

Many thanks to Nick and Eizof.

Rear of case only needed slight modding to take V1.03.

All plumbed in including my fav Burson op-amps, and WaveIO I2S in.

My favourite config files reloaded and all is working a treat.

Now for some tunes!

Here's my current config in my music loft.
We moved here 3 years ago now!
My hour time flies WP_20160216_21_24_20_Pro.jpeg

The new board arrived today :)

Many thanks to Nick and Eizof.

Rear of case only needed slight modding to take V1.03.

All plumbed in including my fav Burson op-amps, and WaveIO I2S in.

My favourite config files reloaded and all is working a treat.

Now for some tunes!

Here's my current config in my music loft.
We moved here 3 years ago now!
My hour time flies View attachment 716473
happy days are here again

Audio drops off

Hi Guys,

I am having my 3rd NAJDA setup and I am facing strange behaviour. Time to time (relativelly often) happens that the sound is turned off on some channels (very short time) and than it plays again. It is off on different channels when it happens, it is kind of random. Has anybody faced similar behaviour?

Thanks for hints.

Hi Guys,

I am having my 3rd NAJDA setup and I am facing strange behaviour. Time to time (relativelly often) happens that the sound is turned off on some channels (very short time) and than it plays again. It is off on different channels when it happens, it is kind of random. Has anybody faced similar behaviour?

Thanks for hints.
Not on hundreds of hours on my V1 board and not on about 8 hours so far on V1.03 I just commissioned.

I wonder what could do that?

If you connect up can you see any status change with Najda control?
Change in processor levels or channel mute flicking on off?
Are you hitting 100% processor?
Who knows what happens then..

I'd resave your presets too and try again. Perhaps create a few new simpler ones and variants and save, do they all do it?

IIR filters can work very well, and achieve end results very close to FIR, but it can be more labour intensive to get the same end-performance.

IIR filtering is good, especially when one must apply some equalizing at low end of bandwidth.
EQing below 100 Hz with linear-phase forces you to apply astronomically long filters...
With IIR shelf filters very little tradeoff is involved. Signal level and group delay can be fully compensated above set frequency.

But I could recommend FIR filters used as cutoff filters.

Not on hundreds of hours on my V1 board and not on about 8 hours so far on V1.03 I just commissioned.

I wonder what could do that?

If you connect up can you see any status change with Najda control?
Change in processor levels or channel mute flicking on off?
Are you hitting 100% processor?
Who knows what happens then..

I'd resave your presets too and try again. Perhaps create a few new simpler ones and variants and save, do they all do it?

The load of the cores is about 53% + 45%, so this one should fine.

I tried to look at the VU meters, but the drop off is so short it is not visible on them (if it comes from NAJDA).

The board seems to work normal, all controls run fine. I will try to simplify filters (now I have stereo 3-way setup, LR4 topology) and only few filters added.

Heyho,

so I have got my Najda running for quite a while now, everything is good however my volume control is mixed up (turning left to increase, turning right to lower the volume).

I am pretty sure it is just a mixup of the GPIO pins - can someone please can confirm that all I have to do is switch connection of 12 and 14 on the Expansion Port 1 pinning.

SyyB0c6s.png

Hello.
I have the same problem like you. Did you manage to fix it?

Regards, J.

The load of the cores is about 53% + 45%, so this one should fine.

I tried to look at the VU meters, but the drop off is so short it is not visible on them (if it comes from NAJDA).

The board seems to work normal, all controls run fine. I will try to simplify filters (now I have stereo 3-way setup, LR4 topology) and only few filters added.
Interesting. Maybe others have further ideas?
Seems you are not alone..

I have a problem that the volume goes eather up or down regardless the way I turn the rotary encoder shaft. And it sometimes shifts direction if i touch the capacitors while turning the shaft. I have the control board with 20cm extension wires from the board to the rotary encoder. Is there some bouncing effect going on?

I have a problem that the volume goes eather up or down regardless the way I turn the rotary encoder shaft. And it sometimes shifts direction if i touch the capacitors while turning the shaft. I have the control board with 20cm extension wires from the board to the rotary encoder. Is there some bouncing effect going on?

Sounds more like noise picked up by the extension wires than bounce.

Sounds more like noise picked up by the extension wires than bounce.

Ok. But then, wouldn't it be more random behaviour if it was noise?
However, I did a separate board with caps, resistors and encoder located close to each other according to the shematic (its a bit different than the control board ) in the startup guide and now it works fine.

Last edited:
I might have asked this before... :)

Has anyone connected a Raspberry Pi 3 directly up to Najda using I2S?

I've heard one using DiGI One Spdif input to my Najda and that sounded very good..
That was using Volumio etc.

Taking the simpler I2S route in appeals though.

I use RPI3 with Volumio (Qobuz Studio) -> Ian FIFOII -> Ian DualXO
It really works very well.

Recently I bought a Pulsar Clock 24.576000 MHz an it is a great improvement (NZ2520SDA before).

And then I resample at 96 Khz in Volumio to use this Clock. The sound stage is more 3D and precise. The best part is that the timbres of the instruments are more natural, comparable to vinyl.

nounouchet

RPI I2S to Najda

@Speedysteve7 (#3316):

The post JLOP is writing about is #3215.
Works fine with Raspi 2 and Volumio V2.xx. Should as well do with Raspi 3.

Nounouchets solution seems rather ambitioned, a simpler approach to make one step beyond the above mentioned pure connection at a reasonable price ticket is the Kali reclocker.
Kali (i2s Reclocker)

(Experience with this welcome...)

:santa2: