Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Per previous notice on this thread I am crafting a new IO PCB that expands the inputs from 1 to 5 selectable.

Inputs 1 & 2 will be balanced. Inputs 3,4 & 5 will be unbalanced. The outputs will be both balanced and unbalanced and muted turn on delay as same as the current IO board.

Your purchase will be for the new IO PCB as well as the RCA phono blocks (they are quality OEM parts) as well as the front panel selector switch. The selector switch has a splined shaft identical to the dimensions of the main board pots. Each board is a stereo pair.

The cost will be $20 for the IO kit plus actual cost to ship (shouldn't be much this time)

The following forum members have already notified me that they want one or more kits:

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit
mik000000 - 1 enhanced IO kit
hfxrzw - 2 enhanced IO kits
mordikai - 2 enhanced IO kits
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits
redjr - 2 enhanced IO kits
zrxshack - 2 enhanced IO kits
raymondo - 1 enhanced IO kit

I will leave this up for a couple of weeks while I accumulate the parts. Let me know if you want to be added.

I have also ordered a few more project main & power supply PCBs for those that have contacted me recently.

** Let me know if you want a complete kit. **

Hi Carl,
Please count me in for the I/O kit.

* New IO Board Coming *

Per previous notice on this thread I am crafting a new IO PCB that expands the inputs from 1 to 5 selectable.

Inputs 1 & 2 will be balanced. Inputs 3,4 & 5 will be unbalanced. The outputs will be both balanced and unbalanced and muted turn on delay as same as the current IO board.

Your purchase will be for the new IO PCB as well as the RCA phono blocks (they are quality OEM parts) as well as the front panel selector switch. The selector switch has a splined shaft identical to the dimensions of the main board pots. Each board is a stereo pair.

The cost will be $20 for the IO kit plus actual cost to ship (shouldn't be much this time)

The following forum members have already notified me that they want one or more kits:

still4given - 1 enhanced IO kit
dennismiller55 - 1 enhanced IO kit

I will leave this up for a couple of weeks while I accumulate the parts. Let me know if you want to be added.

I have also ordered a few more project main & power supply PCBs for those that have contacted me recently.

Last edited:
* New IO Board Coming *

Philipp23 - 5 enhanced IO kits

* New IO Board Coming *

Philipp23 - 5 enhanced IO kits
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit
djonesii - 1 enhanced IO kit
kimon - 1 enhanced IO kit

Tone Controls

Hi,
I am still coming across "audio fundamentalists" who object to tone controls on principle. However, as a defence, you might find this piece from Alan Shaw of Harbeth Audio at Tone controls, equaliser or tilt controls at home relevant.
He links some articles from Leak (from 1956!) as a backgrounder. As he says, the laws of physics have not changed since then and "Tone controls empower you, not some marketeer who has decided on your behalf that tone controls are evil"

Just to reassure you that we aren't breaking any rules here

George

* New IO Board Coming *

* Those wanting the NEW 5 Input IO kit

Phillipp23 - 5 enhanced IO kits
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit
bfg4wd - 1 enhanced IO kit
emyeuoi - 1 enhanced IO kit
rock12 - 1 enhanced IO kit

* Those wanting a complete kit (include new 5 input IO board)

sasha70 - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
HaroldHill - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB

* New IO Board Coming *

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits - PAID
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit - PJN
bfg4wd - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
emyeuoi - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
rock12 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID

* Those wanting a complete kit (include new 5 input IO board)

Last edited:
* New IO Board Coming *

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits - PAID
redjr - 1 enhanced IO kits + PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
bfg4wd - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
emyeuoi - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
rock12 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID

* Those wanting a complete kit (includes the new 5 input IO board)