DOGC-H by Dr. Jagodic

Hallo all.

I'm just curios of the current dumping design, I have build a Slewmaster, lateral Hitachi, P3A, Quasi type and a couple more. All great sounding amps.I just want to know if this amp is so much different in sound for the better. Reading about the Quad 405 that is being praised.Why are people not using current dumping designs if it is so great. :confused: I want to build something to keep me busy, I have thought about a Leach low Tim, but just wondering ?:D
Regards and have a great weekend !
Jan

Mike , thanks for the reply.

I suppose the mids and tops will be good as well as bass. I intend building it.
Regards
Jan

Attachments

• DOGC-H sema.gif
    DOGC-H sema.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 777
DOGC Tx Requirements

Hello,
I am interested in building a DOGC Amp by Dr. Jagodic.
Since I already have two torioidal transformes from another project (each 200VA and 2x24VAC) my question is if this would be sufficient for the
DOGC-MK3?
I understand from previous posts that recommendation for the DOGC-H would be min. 35VDC, does this apply for DOGC-MK3 as well?
Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Werner

Hi,
52V should be fine. Make sure you have big enough heatsinks. DOGC-H dissipates little bit of heat.

does the voltage increase from 48 to 52v x power the lf411 at 15v starting from the amplifier psu with resistor 3k9 2w , as per the diagram, does it not involve any problems? and ok also x frd110? thank you

Attachments

• DOGC-MK3-Wiring (1).png
    DOGC-MK3-Wiring (1).png
    33.4 KB · Views: 387