diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ya, i does power up...theres a logo "nview"....actually this r the input or out put?

monitor/digital/analog/yc/comp

i dont know w/c one will i use... i set my computer to 640x480-60hz already and i tried the digital, composite and monitor but ala pa rin...analog na lng..lol...totaly hopeless now really...:bawling:

I was in the mall earlier and was able to see a machintosh to video converter. I think this is what you need. But try first the machintosh to vga cable available at apple computer shop.

Pls show me the input if u have a digital camera so that I can help u better.

picture attached is Belinda Davis and Kenny Rogers singing "dont fall in love with a dreamer". my lampshade is open at the back of the camera.

Pinapatulo ko talaga laway mo para you try harder. You know i cant explain how I feel but I am very very proud of what I had accomplished. For your info, i had broken my Benq 567s and Nec1550v in my first two attempt. I hope this will make you feel better. It is a costly learning experience in my part.

But anyway no regrets for the money lost.Its like I used the money lost as tuition fee. LOL! Very cheap if you are to compare the knowledge gain versus the lost money.

Attachments

• outline5 001.jpg
    outline5 001.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,276
Best option is bring your panel at apple computer shop and try the machintosh to vga cable and machintosh to vga converter.

I watched james Taylor earlier See how bright ad nice the image is. Again I have my 50w lampshade is open at the corner of the living room.

Attachments

• outline5 006.jpg
    outline5 006.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,230
And bolder!!! Grrrr!!! Hoooo!

Playing around with movie/animation/standard in dvd remote control gives me flexibility in adjusting image quality.

I had learned that each dvd disc is unique and must be adjusted accordingly to get the best possible image.
Even the best commercial projector needs to be adjusted for best image quality depending in dvd disc quality.

Here's John Denver once more, DVD set to movie mode.
He's singing "Sunshine on my shoulder".

Attachments

• outline5 002.jpg
    outline5 002.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,194
I have air passage under the light engine, just under the fresnel lens, between fresnel and lcd, and just above lcd. I used black cloth to filter the air and minimized light leak. I used a fan rated at 12v 0.6 amp. Pretty strong fan. my lcd can run at max 60 deg C. Lcd temp is between 40-45 deg C depending on ambient temp.

The lamp is a table lamp at the back corner of the living room so there is enough ambient light to move around w/o affecting the image.

Attachments

• outline5 004.jpg
    outline5 004.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,186
By the way, the latest adustment I made are to put back the the glass to support the warp fresnel (fresnel is now straighten up). But i made sure the glass is the thinnest glass available here to minimized refraction. I think I didnt lose any brightness and color and sharpness is even better. Luckily for me the thin glass is not breaking-up.

But another thing i have done is to put a gap between two fresnel and it made a satisfying brigthness uniformity in the whole image. Try this guys if you notice uneven brightness from the center to all sides( I THINK HOTSPOT PROBLEM IS THE CORRECT TERM HERE) . Do this while the pj in action so you will get the optimum gap between the two fresnel. I did it since yesterdays post.

See the image below .brightness uniformity is very very good .

Attachments

• outline5 001.jpg
    outline5 001.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,083
It has s-video and composite input after all. Now here is another one. I think the input selector is in the remote control so you can select your desired input. DO you have the remote?

I just bought a new dvd player model dv-266 with progressive scan. my old dvd player is dyoing out on me. My old dvd model dv515 is the second model of dvd that piuoneer launched way back i think 4-5 years ago.

Here is the image during daylight wiewing with curtains close and a lot of light in the room.

Wow! I can wait to test it during the night. The image is brighter , color deeper and sharper! Can't wait also to try progrssive scan soon.

Attachments

• outline5.jpg
    outline5.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Oops! you have the remote pala edwinfiend.

Try set the color to 16 bit and turn on the vertical synch and make sure its 60hz refresh rate. What brand and model of video card are u using? I think the inout selector is in the remote, is the remote functioning?

Hate to say i am running out of suggestions but try to search this forum. there are alot of guys here who have the same problems as yours.

Here is the image taken may 30. Can't wait to comapare the image with new dvd player tonight.

Attachments

• outline5 014.jpg
    outline5 014.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 985
Hi Hertz !

It´s getting really amazing !

Respect the Progressive Scan, I saw on some players that it is available only on the component output.
So I think if you get a Component to VGA adapter wich handle progressive scan you wil get a incredible image quality !!

But thoose converters are not cheap. I bought a cheap one with component input but it is not progressive (neither my DVD player) both are only interlaced. Anyway it improves a lot the image sharpness and definition compared with the Composite input.
You must ensure the controller on your monitor can work with progressive scanning.

Keep us updated on your new DVD player results.

Respect the crome process: I was thinking on use some metalic finish paint or chrome process but I was afraid on high temp resistance because I´m using a very hot bulb (400w MH) and in my previous setup the soup ladle end yellowished by the heat, so lets us know how the chrome process works with your lamp.
By the way, what metal piece did you sent to the chrome guy ? The same Soup ladle? (stainless steel or aluminium ?)

Keep the good job !

Bernardo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.