DIY progress report

Clever dialog from one of my favorites! Nice to hear from you, Jacco.

I wouldn't have noticed the I/V converter if not for Mark's nifty little DIY Audio newsletter. Thanks for the heads up, Mark!

I'm also having a good time reading about the Explendid amplifier. I'm so used to using FETs that I can't imagine what a decent bipolar amp sound's like... ;)

How about mono block amp with a built in active cross over at the input that would allow simple modular DIY active speaker designs of n-way configuration? It would be nice to be able to use this amp with any pre-amp. Maybe add an incremental power component by simply adding X number of the Semisouth jfet so it could have Y watts of power.

Modularization with easily variable power would be cool.

DAC usage suggestion.

Nelson, in the keeping it simple arean, a box (rackmount preferrable) that would fit into my system would be:
  • at least two digital input
  • balanced output to preamp on main two channels. (that's all I would use anyway)
  • maybe a load sensing switch on the inputs, or RF based switching between inputs.

I see that this thread does not get alot of traffic so here goes.

Nelson,

I admire all that you have offered us here on the low power side. For those of us with fairly inefficient speakers, is there anything coming down the pipe for more moderate power? If not, I understand as my DIY Aleph 2 and my cherished X250 still keep me satisfied. I was just thinking of a project for the future just to keep the juices flowing.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Papa ..... while I was thinking about funny thing that nobody asked - will you have both polarity of Papafets ? , I stumbled on this :

Digital do MaiN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so - do you plan to make tiny ones , too ?

I didn't make them. I paid SemiSouth a king's ransom to
make them.

Two polarities imply push-pull operation. My research has
not yet indicated that this is where these parts excel.

:cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't make them. I paid SemiSouth a king's ransom to
make them.

hey - even dumbest DiyA - ZM - isn't so dumb to think that you carved them in backyard :clown:

Two polarities imply push-pull operation. My research has
not yet indicated that this is where these parts excel.

:worship:

these days another one Babelfish J spontaneously mutated to Babelfish J2
( so , another one of 6 planned ) ;
proud maker (spavleski) is smiling all around the head ...... and - believe me - that head is pretty big ....... so is a smile .....

seems that your amps are irresistibly contagious

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 831