DIY Class A/B Amp The "Wolverine" build thread

Joined 2013
Paid Member
@bullittstang given you are using the new bias transistors, Q104 is no longer mounted to the heat sink. Q103 is on the main heat sink with fly wires in an EF3-3.
Totally misread the schematic - so big thanks @mhuth1776 for alerting me. I see now that Q104 says "ambient" and Q103 says "mount to h/s". Another reason not to do hobby time at 11-2am because you can't wait to the weekend.

I will fix and re-bias the channels.

EDIT: any issue keeping the Q104 mounted to the heatsink under the board? Just trying not to unsolder and bend the legs again if not necessary??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2013
Paid Member
Thanks for the explanation and makes sense as I think about it and read your answer.

Both channels now have updated bias compensation - Q104 free standing (ambient) and Q103 attached with flying leads to Q111. Bias set to 42mV, CCS at ~5.0V both set without issue. Now to heat soak them, re-check everything and maybe get some make-shift connection to my pre-amp, so I can have some music. Now... back to the chassis.

Reactions: 3 users
Parts selection, soldering, wiring, ... everything is important. But in the end, it's also about optics :cool:
PSX_20230715_121906.jpg

Reactions: 9 users