DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive

1690911202383.png

this is what I am seeing - seems to be a chip error? is this possible / has this happened before?

if we are to trust everything on youtube ...

The simplest solution might just be to get a copy of the latest version of the chip, v1.05.
You should be able to get it from Seth Hensel, who is back in the game.
I apologize for earlier posts where I offered to sell to US customers, but there
was a time when it appeared difficult to get hold of Seth.

Last edited:
If you go back to post #83 on page 5 Pyramid explains the working of his rotary encoder pcb.
The pcbs are available from Oshpark on the first page, as either 'through hole' or
for SMT.
It has been found that there are sometimes issues with cheap Chinese encoders, but better items
from Bourns and the like work well.

Oh, that rotary encoder! I was thinking about a motor mounted rotary encoder rather than the control switch. I was thinking about the motor variety because some of the motors that I'm looking at have them included (for a price). I'm not interested in feedback for motor speed, but possibly a motor speed display. A sort of Road Runner for the motor instead of the platter. Not much point, I guess.

Does anyone know how much current you actually need for the SG-4 12V power supply? I see the wall wart at 12V, 230 mA, but I know that power supplies are often given quite a bit of headroom. I'm working on a LM317 regulator tapped off the motor power supply and want to check my power dissipation.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Bill,

First of all thanks very much for the SG4 and the MA-3D project. It is great!
I have 5pcs. SG4 chips with the 1.03 version, would it be possible to upgrade them to the latest software version?
Please let me know how to proceed, I’m in US.
Cannot start a PM to you.

Thanks,
icsaki

Does anyone know how much current you actually need for the SG-4 12V power supply? I see the wall wart at 12V, 230 mA, but I know that power supplies are often given quite a bit of headroom. I'm working on a LM317 regulator tapped off the motor power supply and want to check my power dissipation.

Thanks in advance.
Hi my sg4 with one led for power up use see pictures.

Attachments

• running.png
    running.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 44
  • standby.png
    standby.png
    403 KB · Views: 46