Digitally controlled preamp/headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Since you ask

Russ,

Finally got things packaged this weekend and will have some time to listen. Also just got a Benchmark DAC1 and am learning no amp is better than the source feeding it. Will let you know after some listening.

Attachments

• dcp_0048.jpg
    dcp_0048.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,137
Mine is built and sitting on my desk awaiting the return or my Rev_C from Reputes house where he was testing it.

The Rev_C blows away his pre and amp combo in EVERY way except low end control. Bass is better on his amp but I think the small toroids in mine are the reason. I have a set of 400va 23v that I will drop in and try.. :D

I was supose to get my Rev_C back this past weekend but it won't be until this weekend.

Attachments

• audio 022.jpg
    audio 022.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,004
update

Just got the preamp kit from the mailman this morning. I actually flagged him down on another street. If you are not home to receive the package; they make you go to the P.O. later after 6:00 pm to get it. All going well, hope to be assembled and in use soon.

cheers
doggy:smash: :smash: :)

Re: chip direction

doggy said:
Just want to make sure about the direction of the chips on the pcb; does this look correct? Concerned about the op amps especially.

thanks
doggy
:cannotbe: :)

Doggy, I spoke too soon. Your opamps appear to be reversed. I had to dig my prototype out of its case and look. The dot/indent on the opamp indicates pin 1, and the should match the "1" on the PCB.

Thanks for the speedy reply. There has been a lot going on lately in this forum. I hope to see you post frequently about your projects. I for one have not felt to happy about recent events here.

all the best
doggy

my next project: my mini-amp-planning of using lm3886 chips

Attachments

• 2005_1204new-3886-winter20050007 (custom).jpg
    2005_1204new-3886-winter20050007 (custom).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 959
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.