Digital Tachometer for record player (LCD display)

Hi find my tachometer completed, I have ordered ZeroZone linear power supply for my turntable motor, I build my tachometer (Midas LCD+ Arduino Uno) inside linear power supply. Thank you all helping build accurate turntable tachometer. Rajkumar

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_142423.jpg
    IMG_20190203_142423.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20190203_142429.jpg
    IMG_20190203_142429.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 406
I have been following this thread with great interest . Really great to see this come together and brilliant of Pyramid to share his code & expertise . I've built an RG4 so now on to this :)

I've got the Arduino , OSHPark Sensor PCB's (which I am just building) . and am about to buy these displays

MUZOCT IIC/I2C/TWI 1602 Serial Blue Backlight LCD Module for Arduino UNO R3 MEGA2560: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Do they look about right ? I just need to add that display type to the code ?

Thanks all

Ok so I've got the display working and tested with a hello world sketch
But when I try and complile the tach ino i get this error

Using library LiquidCrystal_I2C-1.1.2 at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Users\braymond\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C-1.1.2
exit status 1
expected ',' or ';' before 'const'

The line highlighted is the first one

const int TRIGGER=3; //* input on PB3

I'd post a screenshot but cant work out how to do that !

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Did you copy tach.ino from a file or from a screen shot here on DIYAudio. The screen shots will randomly omit characters.

The error may be at the end of the previous line; is there a semi-colon after the lcd declaration:

LiquidCrystal_PCF8574 lcd(0x3f);

you were right it now looks like this

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27, 16, 2);

and compiles and uploads fine - but - nothing happens . I've not got the sensor built yet but figured it would still display something .

so for example if im running the hello world scrolling program and then upload the tach one it uploads but the display freezes and then nothing happens . It is definitely uploading fine.....