Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

Hello,
Just recently i wrote about possible use of supercaps in a '' Le monstre '' power amplifier which started with a big mains power supply and where some people ended up using a set of 12 volt 45AH car batteries ( in 1985) . Back then using one supply would allow you to listen about 3 hours before recharging again.
Of course a supercap is not a battery but they could be used. I just mentioned Iancanada so people will have to google and decide themselves if the want to try it.
Of course only if Ian still offers support.
Greetings, Eduard

Hi,

I tested building bipolar -/+5V supply out of ultracaps for R2R dacs. It works great.
Is it possible to make bipolar supply -/+5V out of two ucpures? My main concern is possibly messing up with charging circuit ...

Greetings,
Mirek
This is possible as long as you use two independent power supplies on two independent secondary windings on your transformer to charge the two UC pures or UC conditioners.
You can stack both 5v supplies and connect the ground in the middle.

This is possible as long as you use two independent power supplies on two independent secondary windings on your transformer to charge the two UC pures or UC conditioners.
You can stack both 5v supplies and connect the ground in the middle.
Thank you supersurfer,
Now I think about possible voltage inbalance between -5V and +5V due to slight different power consumption on each rail over long time. It may eventually happen that -V is < V+ or the other way. The maximum difference will depand on fixed voltage threshold set in ucpure. Do you know at what voltage level ucpure starts and stops charging? Another thing is implications of such difference on R2R performance. I cannot find information in datasheet on what value (voltage differrence between -V and +V) is tolerable ...

Thank you supersurfer,
Now I think about possible voltage inbalance between -5V and +5V due to slight different power consumption on each rail over long time. It may eventually happen that -V is < V+ or the other way. The maximum difference will depand on fixed voltage threshold set in ucpure. Do you know at what voltage level ucpure starts and stops charging? Another thing is implications of such difference on R2R performance. I cannot find information in datasheet on what value (voltage differrence between -V and +V) is tolerable ...
I wouldn’t worry about this. The ucpure is simply a capacitor bank, the power supply regulator that you put in front will regulate to the needs of the r2r As long as it’s power demand is sufficient.

I wouldn’t worry about this. The ucpure is simply a capacitor bank, the power supply regulator that you put in front will regulate to the needs of the r2r As long as it’s power demand is sufficient.
The thing is I do not want to have any regulators :) I want to power it directly from ultracaps. That is what I already do for other 3.3V and 5V circuits.