Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one sounds better is the MKIII Hx ... the one we had group buy

there's a thread about it:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...me-mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released.html

and here the builder's thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/193759-dx-blame-mkiii-hx-builders-thread.html

Here the group buy adress:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/192869-group-buy-dx-blame-mkiii-hx-pcbs.html

Here you have another forum group buy:

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?190-DX-Blame-MKIII-HX

A suggestion to you my dear.... as you are starting in our forum.... very welcome you are...but it will be interesting to take some time to read threads and to know foruns.... to know people, their activity, their designs...well.... to know the place you are...this gonna avoid a lot of questions already answered into several threads..will save your time and our time too....highly suggested to read the forum, the solid state, entire since the first day..all threads and all posts that are interesting to you...i did that three times..the entire forum along these last 8 years here...... to resume, to be direct, objective...will be more interesting you to read first and them to post questions second... avoiding people to be repeating subjects already posted and discussed...this will avoid people to be alike "pirate's parrot".. repeating the same thing all time long.

Not the Dx amplifier, not the HRII, not the DHR Turbo, nor the Precision, not the Blame ES, not the Blame ST, not the Supercharged (MKII)...the best one is the Dx Blame MKIII -Hx

Want the best model in the Dx line of diy power audio amplifiers?... do not waste your time, go to the last one...the MKIII Hx and pray God that MAKO could be released one day..because it is even better..... are there better amplifiers in this forum...i doubt...the ones i have tested where beated!.. eated in the breakfast...easy... with uncle charlie rolling and laughing (LOL) in the floor.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Not needed to apologize... just try to read something

this will answer several questions you may have... after some reading, having doubts...we are here to help.... we do this gladly... the problem is to repeat the "same old song" several times.... if you can save uncle charlie to be repeating will be very kind from you.

The questions you post will be answered..so, it is in your hands to control the stuff.

Uncle charlie is old (more than a half century..i am 61) and a little bit boring...but i am a nice guy... i have good mood and a great heart.

I am now cooking for my daughter... video will be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becIFX9cAO8

I am still waiting pictures from you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Happy amplifiers.jpg
    Happy amplifiers.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Thank you sir. i will try to finish the amp tomorrow if the day will be fine. i'm searching for months ago about crown amplifiers but its too high in watts for my needs. so i came into conclusion to build a 50 to 100watt amp that can match with the branded expensive amps out there. i'm very glad that i found yours. i will try to build this amp and when it is successful, my next project will be your MKIII-hx.

For your next PCB: increase the land diameter around the holes.

it must be a optical illusion ..............Maybe the holes are way oversize.

it was a printer problem.................the transfers are to thin. but this is only my first build. the next build will be a better one.
not an optical illusion.
Have a look for yourself.
Some of the lands are so narrow they almost breakout at the hole

i have a problem. all circuits are fitted right. no grounded traces. all components are working. but when i turned it on, with protective resistor, these are the following problems.

1. protective resistors get hot after a minute or two.
2. my power transistor gets hot too.
3. output measures some DC. around 3volts

i don't hook up any load yet and the input is grounded as the procedure says.

Attachments

• DSC04558.JPG
    DSC04558.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC04559.JPG
    DSC04559.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 374
Power up via a bulb tester.
It will stop the devices becoming hot.
It will allow you to measure voltages without risk of the amp blowing up.
It will not prevent a slipped probe from blowing up the amplifier. The smoothing caps discharge through the accidental short and the magic smoke dissipates.

There's a trimpot to adjust off set.

Is it assembled below (beneath) your pcboard.. is it in the copper side?

Is this trimpot adjusting?... when you turn the trimpot knob or the adjustment screw, is the off set changing?

Mistakes.... this is what you have... do not desperate..go searching because this is normal to happens..... **** happens as you know...yeah...i have typed this symbol (*) was not forum automatic correction.

Everybody makes mistakes.... even the one says that does not make mistake is doing a mistake..and his mistake is to say this foolish that cannot make mistakes...we are humans...we fail... search for your mistake dear Harmonic.

By the way..is the bias trimpot operating?

How is the sonics?...if not astounding and awesome..then you have mistakes..... everybody loves that sonics.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Amplifier.png
    Dx Amplifier.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Dx Amplifier off set adjustment trimpot.jpg
    Dx Amplifier off set adjustment trimpot.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 340
  • Trimpot.jpg
    Trimpot.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 310