Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr DX explained what I tried to say in two sentences. I fully agree with you Mr DX, and that is why I said if these differences cannot be measured theoretically, then the sonic differences must lie in the design. I also know that sonic 's can be altered / tuned to sound better for each particular setup by choosing / changing the types of components used.

Yes, the amplifier will operate

It may need some small adjustment..but anything different you will need while using the correct voltage.

The 2K2 resistor that feeds the zener diode should be reduced to 1K8 and the trimpot preset current will not be the same.... but trimpot is there to adjust...so.... it will make the work we need it to make.

Your output power will be reduced and also your harmonic distortion fourier graphic will change.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I would like to see pictures from your board harmonicconverger

In order to check your diy home made pcboard.

there are several non authorized pcboard sellers in the internet, mainly from China, but some from South America and from South Africa.

I will always, and gladly, help Dx amplifier builders in many ways, but will not give any support to the ones are buying from pirates, because i will be working for free for them to have non authorized profit from my work.

Of course the diy efforts are my target, as we are in a DIY forum, where designs are provided for free and the consequent follow up is nicely provided, advices and all kind of help and support are given for free because we are not in a business environment.

The use of this forum, my person and the home pages dedicated to the Dx amplifie,r is an abuse from these ones that are exploring the stuff as a business, this have not my approval, my support and i am sure forum management will not appreciate the stuff made this way.

I would be happy to see your pictures, about your diy efforts, for further conversations about it....there are so many things to say that i wish you have made by your own effort...i will proceed to help you after confirmation of your diy efforts.

Thank you in advance by the images you gonna post, as they will start a long relationship that will result our mutual benefit.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Sure. I will post pics soon.

I'll start this amp tomorrow if the nearest electronic store have the parts available for this amp. i will document my work. Its rainy in our country these days and i am not in the mood of doing things. if the sun smiles tomorrow, i will build this amp. My goal is to build a Mini-PA. after browsing diyaudio.com your amp catches my attention and you are pretty confident in your amp so i will try it and compare it to the cheap power amp that our church use and see which sounds best. Thank you for posting your amp and sharing it for free. God bless you.

Last edited:
Yep... this amplifier is fine....not really mine amplifier

It was a design from the seventies... all factories and brands have used this schematic..including Mcintosh and some other important brands... Toshiba Audio Power Integrated Circuits have used this schematic...the famous LM3866 audio chip uses the same basic topology modified to be a quasi complementary... this is a winner audio amplifier..not very precise, does not measure so well as other more modern units, but has a lovely sonics, a huge bass and a reasonable and fair treble and mids.

It is an amplifier that will never send you shame...you can trust it will perform very well when compared to the others... about church..the perfect place for it... as it sounds "divine".

I have better models inpired in Dr. Self Blameless amplifiers..but i ensure you that i love so much this one, despite not perfect and despite not the best one i have made/adapted/redesigned/tweaked/tuned, but it is absolutely lovely.

I am building more units for my own pleasure and enjoyment..the bass is unbeatable.... not precise, not controlled, not perfect... something less defined than several other designs, less focus... tones mix one to the other and sometimes we feel the bass guy is playing same tones all time long..sometimes boomy that looks an oil barre being hitted...but present, strong, alike an earthquake and a thunderstorm... the sound of the deep sea humbling the world plates cracking....the collision of stars... the creation of the universe..the big boom.... the bass is unbeliavable present, deep and strong....The hoarse grunting of the drowning death of the devil drinking it's own own internal fluids.

The only one can play the bass from pipe organs the Mormons use with astounding strength is this one...i do think this amplifier is something god inspired the first designer to allow Mormons to use a nice amplifier.

See the board i am doing.... almost made.... i am searching for a break in my personal activities to assemble this one.

If God plays music..for sure he is using a Dx amplifier or some old Aksa model (i do not know the modern ones to talk about them)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Luc board.jpg
    Luc board.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
What is Dx Corporation?

Dx Corporation is not a real company, it is an Union of Audiophiles..the ones build a Dx amplifie,r etching their boards at home, or buying boards in this forum inside group buys, then automatically belongs to the Corporation, become a member and go to the hall of fame in the Headquarters... pictures are needed for registration purposes.. something to enter the history (hehehe)

We are working since 2004 in this same forum, hundreds have built Dx amplifiers around the world.... more or less 600 guys.

Our organization has the main focus and target to the customer satisfaction... we are not a real business...we do not have profit...money does not enter the Corporation...thanks enters, enjoyment and satisfaction enters...happyness enters.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Here is my unfinished DX amp

i'm not yet finished with this amp cause i do not have some parts available in my house.

maybe i can now ask you sir Carlos for some changes in using 18-0-18 power supply.

what are the changes in value and in bias?

Attachments

• DSC04551.JPG
    DSC04551.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC04552.JPG
    DSC04552.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC04553.JPG
    DSC04553.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC04554.JPG
    DSC04554.JPG