Dedicated PSU for DEQ/DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AR2 said:
Any chance of moving these two regulators on the edge of the board, so than we could have an option for cooling with the heat spreader and using the case as the heat sink, or maybe just one bigger heat sink for both regs and still out of the way from the board?

Hi!

Back from my vacations. I restart the project.

For the question: I can place the regulators at the edge but space for the heat sink will be difficult to find in the box, specialy with the DCX.

I'm waiting for some new regulator samples to optimize the 3.3v circuit (some new circuits from Linear). I already modified the PCB to have a better cooling. I moved the big caps, moved the rectifier to the edge, moved the 2 heat sink as far as possible and done holes in the PCB under the heat sink.

Zero Cool said:
Have you seen this Power Supply Kit and Clock www.dcx2496.fr

They look very good.

Zc

The PSU from Selectronic is only for the DCX and only "cleanup" the digital 5v.

I'll send the file to produce the final PCB end of week.

alim_deq_proto1.1.jpg

New caps, new bridge for digital, new heatsink, better ground design and holes for vent. Option to place an 25mm PAPS at bottom of the 2 heatsinks.

kepa1 said:
Glad to hear from you Steph,
The project seems on its way to success. To provide air through the DEQ or DCX, one can always detach the lateral "wings" and even get a nicer design.

In fact, mine is with "wood border". ;-)

The new psu is inside. New holes at the center of the top box, and somes under the box too. I ordered 2 new prototypes. I'll will be looking for a DCX beta tester if warriors available. ;-)

coffret_bois.jpg

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
stef1777 said:

The PSU from Selectronic is only for the DCX and only "cleanup" the digital 5v.

I'll send the file to produce the final PCB end of week.

alim_deq_proto1.1.jpg

New caps, new bridge for digital, new heatsink, better ground design and holes for vent. Option to place an 25mm PAPS at bottom of the 2 heatsinks.

Stef, I would be interested in your power supply kit. Did you already mention a price? Can you keep me updated?

BTW, finally Ward and I got most of the parts and PCB's for the DCX2496 Active Level Control kit together. Ward will be able to start shipping kits as of 15 September or so.

I have put up the info on how to order the kit on my web site.

Jan Didden

janneman said:

Stef, I would be interested in your power supply kit. Did you already mention a price? Can you keep me updated?

No kit yet. The project is not over. I'm waiting for the second prototype to validate heat dissipation and long time working. I will look for an experimented user to build and try the PSU inside an DCX.

Later, I plan to produce board + transfo and sale them as a kit. Group buy or complete kit with componnent is too complicated for me to manage.

My first prototype is working and inside the box. Seems to work fine. Not easy to heard a difference but on the scope numbers seems better.

Stef...

proto_ventllateur.jpg

Hi Folks!

The PSU is over. The last ajustement are done. I'm now ready to order a first batch PCB and transformer. I solved the temperature problems with the last prototype PCB and new rectifier bridge for the digital parts. I also changed some capacitors values.

proto_final.jpg

I've enclosed the last schematics.

The temperatures are these (with closed box and holes at the top and under the PSU):

Diodes: 35/45°C
Small heatsink: 40/45°C
Large heatsink : 55/65°C
DSP : 40/45°C
PSU capacitors: 30/35°C.

If we place a PAPS 255M 5v fan in the box at top of the heatsink, we have an internal temperature around 30/35°C maximum (room = 24°C).

proto_ventilo.jpg

Attachments

• deq2496-psu-diy-2.0.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 257
If someone want to test it with an DCX2496. I'll have 1 more PCB available in 10 days. Unfortunaly, I don't have a spare transformer but I tried today with a 2 x 15v and 2 x 6v regular transformer and this work (thanks to the new Schotty diode). This will permit a try without the custom made transformer.

I now have a better idea of the prices:

Transformer (230v only) = 40€
PCB (double side, gold plated, thick) = 12€

But I need to order 64 units to the factory.

Need to find 64 people. ;-)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
stef1777 said:
If someone want to test it with an DCX2496. I'll have 1 more PCB available in 10 days. Unfortunaly, I don't have a spare transformer but I tried today with a 2 x 15v and 2 x 6v regular transformer and this work (thanks to the new Schotty diode). This will permit a try without the custom made transformer.

I now have a better idea of the prices:

Transformer (230v only) = 40€
PCB (double side, gold plated, thick) = 12€

But I need to order 64 units to the factory.

Need to find 64 people. ;-)

Steff,

As said, I am willing to do a beta-test. It would be a nice complement to my output replacement board with the 6-channel level control.

It would be up to you if you want me to report on it on my website and to the yahoo DCX group, or only privately to you.

I have a transformer for this, so that would be no problem.

Jan Didden

janneman said:

As said, I am willing to do a beta-test. It would be a nice complement to my output replacement board with the 6-channel level control.

It would be up to you if you want me to report on it on my website and to the yahoo DCX group, or only privately to you.

Hi Jan!

No problem. We already talk of this. I've have a spare PCB in 10 days. I'll send it to you. Give me your postal address privately.

You can comment here on the forum. That's the best. If you have a good scope and FFT, I'll be interested to have some benchs. My scope is close to be dead. I'll looking for a new one. We can may be optimize some of the components (caps).

Stef...

kepa1 said:
Salut Steph,

Off course I'll take one PCB. I'll try to get small sized 6 and 15v transformers by myself.

Thank you again

6v is ok for the digital part but I do not tried with the 7805 analog part (aka 9v). I hope this will works or we will need to wait for the dedicated transformer.

J'ai une proto qui fonctionne. Si tu es sur Paris, on pourrait l'essayer dans ton DCX.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.