Dedicated PSU for DEQ/DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ryssen said:

Hmm,I would rather use a LM317 than a 7805.:)

What does european mean,in the data sheet it say that they have dual primary,(115-115v)is that what you mean?

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T072/P2019.pdf

In fact, I've found. In Europe, the Amveco = Talema. The references are the same. But, I've not found a suppliers yet. Digtkey is really expensive (shipping cost).

The 7805 is not a so bad regulator. You can replace the low end stock 7805 with another fixed 7805 regulator with better spec as the Fairchild, Linear or ON SEMI version (Ripple: 50dB -> 75dB, close to the LM317). If you replace the caps before and after the regulator, I will win again. But the main problem is not only the regulators but the stuff in front of...

GeWa said:

Yes indeed. The stock number is 223-9317.

Regards

"Product discontinued" using Radiospare France and this ref is for the 15VA model. We need the 25VA model.

If I refer to the Digikey pricing for the 2 transformers, It can be better to build a custom made transformer.

Attachments

• deq2496-psu-diy-1.8.4.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 425
Ryssen said:

Maybee there are some who is interessted,and it it will bring the cost down?(Many trafos)

If you use the selectronic I/O board (Like I will):I/O Board
How important is the +- 15v then?

I've requested an quotation for a custom made transformer (for one prototype + volume pricing). I'm waiting for the answer. The cost for the 2 Amveco/Talema is 60€ + tax. With this cost, I'm pretty sure that we can have a nice and optimised custom made transformer.

A prototype of the PCB will be ordered end of week.

Before annoncing a group buy, I should test all the solution.

In the DCX, we don't have a ready to go solution as the DSP board in sticked to the PSU. The best is to move the DSP board to the other side (seems you need to change one cable). Or, put the transformer in place of the original PSU and the new psu board at other side (I don't like this one as the power cables will cross all the box). Or an heretic solution is to move all the PSU in a second box...

I've also designed a small clock board (to be used with a TCXO). I've used the space left on the pcb panel to print some samples. I don't know yet if this will work fine. ;-)

Attachments

• pcb_miniclock.gif
    pcb_miniclock.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 984
Salut Stéphane!

Damn i hope we'll find a solution to be able to put these (or this) trafos in the DCX.
I know Selectronic use a 9V trafo that fits on the right side of the actual PSU, so a lower voltage should do as well. But the question is where to place the 15V one...:rolleyes:

kepa1 said:
Salut Stéphane!

Damn i hope we'll find a solution to be able to put these (or this) trafos in the DCX.
I know Selectronic use a 9V trafo that fits on the right side of the actual PSU, so a lower voltage should do as well. But the question is where to place the 15V one...:rolleyes:

Salut à toi voyageur de forum...

The 2 transformers can fit side to side. The 15v transformer is very small (7VA).

Or the best, only one transformer. I've requested quotations for that. I'm waiting for the answers.

But with the Selectronic transformer, I don't know. May be to place all the PSU in an external box. Farnell or others suppliers have very nice multi-poles connectors for that kind of use.

Stef...

Ryssen said:

Does it fit inside DEQ with out moving the maincard?

It should. The original PSU is 85x95mm. The transformer only 80mm.

The transformer will take the place of the original PSU. One hole to drill to fix it. The new PSU will go between the new transformer and the DSP board. 4 holes to drill. You cut the PSU cable and connect all these stuffs. That's all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.