Dayton Audio Sig series

20230415_121211.jpg

Should be 5 sizes, as shown at AXPONA.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they'll make dome mid :unsure::)
I would like to see a close copy of the SB Acoustics MD60-N but with more Xmax (trading efficiency for coil length/winding width) ... (apply homeric laugh here) ... for a third of the demonic price!

For the improved , updated version please see original data sheet on the manufacturers website ... Vance Dickasons measurements showing the tubular detachable back channel still longs for better absorption :

https://audioxpress.com/article/tes...me-midrange-from-the-sb-acoustics-satori-line

OMG how sexy :
20221204224654_Photo1-SB-Acoustics-MD60N-6-Dome.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that's what I would expect too .. but for me numbers are just numbers when it comes to distortion .. how it sounds is more important .. if I detect no significance then let numbers be numbers!

A good life cannot be expressed by numbers!

Also - a new line of drivers with attractive price would give speakerbuilding a generous push into a better future where we all could have more fun together!

In these chaotic times we need something positive .... remember , it could be worse!

Will they get shorting rings in the magnet structure?
Looking at the impedance graph, none or badly implemented.

Even aluminum demodulation rings would flatten or at least straighten the impedance curve at higher frequencies.

Btw, what's the new Klippel marketing these days? Every major company uses a Klippel system to verify their designs these days?
Would be a real banger when they actually shared that data instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Would be a real banger when they actually shared that data instead.
Any data which shows the product as deficient relative to the competition is normally considered proprietary. Like it or not, that is how manufacturing works.

Interesting, they use the exact same basket as the Peerless/Tympany Exclusive line (and Nomex)

Do you think they source these components from the same supplier as Tympany, or do you think these new Dayton drivers are made in the same factory as Tympany?