Dayton Audio Sig series

I'm finally back home today from a speaker competition event sponsored by Parts Express where I had a nice extended chat with the guy at PE (Dennis?) who did the design for the Signature Series. We were primarily talking about the 8" model - they had one there to show off. The production drivers are in transit from the manufacturer now and will probably be available for purchase by late October or early November.

Although I will wait to see the final data for the production batch of the 8" driver, I'm am very positive about it based on my conversation. I am currently using four 8" Peerless 830869 and the new Signature Series 8" has a similar open basket but has been designed and optimized with some modern tools. Because the Peerless driver is NLA I am glad to see that this may be a drop in replacement for them, at least for my project. One thing I like is that the labeling on the back of the Sig-8 is not a large sticker covering the whole back side of the magnet but is only around the pole vent area. So it's there but is not too distracting. The driver is very nice looking all around TBH.

Reactions: 7 users
I miss those DA25TX/DA32TX tru ceramic tweeters that measures so good! (Jon Marsh?)

Originally they were pretty expensive and no one had bought some(!).

Then prices went down and sales got new life ... now they are out of production .

Hoping these will come back next year , with titanium carrier and a square face plate would be nice!

But not more than $120 a piece , my budget is limited ....

Curious about the sensitivity on the 8"
Advertised 2.83V sensitivity is 91.6 dB according to the attached info.

@wolf_teeth Thanks for helping me out there, it was Bryan.

Attachments

• Signature Series driver info.jpeg
    Signature Series driver info.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: 1 user
Plus - these are all-american made! (afaik)

I do not like the idea to ship products around the globe ...

greetz
Sorry to break it to you but the PE Sig series drivers are definitely made in Asia somewhere. They were designed in the US but even that was in collaboration with technical people in the Asian MFG houses. This was what the PE guy told me personally.

Reactions: 1 user