Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Tromperie:

Hmmm... well, that seems like a real missed opportunity. But it is what it is.

Thank you,
Scott
I understand what you might want to do this, but the whole point of music servers, such as Daphile, is to automate the whole music playing experience. Essentially, you want to reverse the raison d'etre of this.
I always rip to FLAC 8 and there are few good FLAC players. My suggestion is to use MediaHuman Audio Converter to get to your preferred medium and use a good burner.

(BTW, have you ever listened to Boy& Bear or Holy Holy, two great Aussie bands? I have no commercial interest, only have all of their albums, and this is a shameless plug for the talent of the Antipodes.)

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I understand what you might want to do this, but the whole point of music servers, such as Daphile, is to automate the whole music playing experience.

Tromperie:

Yeah, I get it. But some backwards capability seems perfectly reasonable. In my immediate case, a friend who has a CD player (and no interest in a server) was gabberflasted listening on my system to the immensely talented Angelique Kidjo. I have five of Kidjo's albums and wanted to burn them as a gift for my friend.

I'll burn the CDs on one of the Macs in the house instead. But it would have been easier via Daphile.

Thanks for the tip regarding Boy & Bear and Holy Holy. I'll look into both. How's your weather?

phofman:

Thanks, but that's way beyond my skill set.

Regards,
Scott

Could someone tell me how to reboot/restart Daphile (if it’s possible) via web request, like:
daphile.local/cgi-bin/Info?ACTION=shutdown or
daphile.local/cgi-bin/Info?ACTION=pmsuspend
this is what seems to be the commands when you click on the restart or shutdown button:

<IP-address>/cgi-bin/Settings?ACTION=restart
<IP-address>/cgi-bin/Info?ACTION=shutdown

Any ideas how I can get a USB IR receiver to work with Daphile? I got one of those FLIRC USB receivers the other day and I tried getting Daphile to capture codes from it and it doesnt sense anything when I press buttons on the remote. Any ideas? thanks in advance

I don't recollect this subject being debated before but i may be mistaken... Have you positively searched the Forum on this subject? Uou can always contact Kipeta here: Daphile – Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles

The Flirc device is able to be configured (on another PC using the Flirc software...https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb)
It then emulates a keyboard so should be able to be assigned in Daphile using Settings>Key Bindings and matching key-commands to actions.

I will dig out my Flirc later and see if that works.

Edit....Tried my Flirc but was unable to capture keys...I have a First Generation Flirc so YMMV if you have the 2nd Gen.

However, another way to skin this cat is to use a wireless keyboard. I have a very cheap Logitech K220. Using it's receiver and selecting it as an input device I can assign keys and actions.
(Many devices show as several input options... try each until one works to capture.)

Last edited:
The Flirc device is able to be configured (on another PC using the Flirc software...https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb)
It then emulates a keyboard so should be able to be assigned in Daphile using Settings>Key Bindings and matching key-commands to actions.

I will dig out my Flirc later and see if that works.

Edit....Tried my Flirc but was unable to capture keys...I have a First Generation Flirc so YMMV if you have the 2nd Gen.

However, another way to skin this cat is to use a wireless keyboard. I have a very cheap Logitech K220. Using it's receiver and selecting it as an input device I can assign keys and actions.
(Many devices show as several input options... try each until one works to capture.)

Thanks for this - much appreciated. My experience is the same as yours (mine is the metal v2 I think) - I tried configuring it on a windows machine using the software then plugging into the Daphile machine, but it couldn't detect any key presses on my remote. Interesting suggetion about a remote keyboard though! I wonder if the keyboard's receiver works with a logitech harmony? That might be a good option.

That cheap Logitech keyboard works with almost any o/s I have tried it with due, I surmise, to it's simplicity.

The Logitech Unifying receivers need the 'Solar' driver to work in Linux (Daphile) so may prove problematic.

Generally I use a wired numeric keypad with Daphile but I see no reason why a wireless one would not work...

https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Comb-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M9B5XZZRB6BE8KHTCM99