Cubie3

Q13 is a BC550 correctly oriented. It is interesting that both channels behave the same. What is a surefire way to determine if the latfets are authentic? Any in-circuit measurements? I have additional if they need to be tested out of circuit. The power supply is +-40VDC, if that matters. Thanks!!!

Q13 is a BC550 correctly oriented. It is interesting that both channels behave the same. What is a surefire way to determine if the latfets are authentic? Any in-circuit measurements? I have additional if they need to be tested out of circuit. The power supply is +-40VDC, if that matters. Thanks!!!

k1058/j162 text is printed in light gray color. If its white and bright, then you got dummies for sure. also the original latfets that I have look old / not shiny finish.

Last edited:

See which make you have
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/BC549_550.pdf
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/BC549B-D.PDF
they both have different pin orientation NXP is EBC and onsemi and others are CBE:D
reg
Prasi

Last edited:
CDIL should be hung, drawn and quartered for changing the BC5xx to that non standard pin out.

It could be that CDIL make hundreds of other EBC pin out To92 and can't be bothered to make a jig to put the BC5xx pins in the correct positions (CBE) ready to be moulded.
Shame on CDIL.

the fun part is that CDIL also seem to make BC560 with the usual pinout
BC560 PDF Datasheet - Continental Device India Limited (CDIL) - Datasheets360.com

It's just that Reichelt sold me the odd ones. So while you are at it, please HDQ them, too :D

Sorry prasi, I wasn't aware that you expect a comment from me.

I thought I said that in post #131. anyways, I have done my part here as per the request of a member.
thanks and regards
Prasi
P.S. almost defeats the ["forum"- "designer-thread starter"] concept for the benefit of others.

Last edited: