Clock wars?: 'Superclock 3' vs. KBK's personal design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Elso,

I know it’s nothing special. I consider that VERY good clock for the money. 100's of kHz to above 20MHz (? haven't tried this yet! - max. I ever needed was 16.9MHz) with possibility to drive more than one "user" if needed. With only one user and unbuffered IC the noise is pretty good as well! I use this on the cheap and the results are very good. And it costs me around $A35 with low noise power supply, PCB and parts.

For expensive mods I still use LC XO3 but ONLY because it's easy to get it in Sydney.

I think your Xtal load solution is VERY good and power supply as good as others; however I do not have time to assemble your clock when I need one for modifications. Ever considered making ready-made product for us? You also mentioned new revision? Could you tell us more?

$A375 for LC XO3 certainly hurts a lot and I will find time to make something myself (unless one of you guys do it sooner and make ready made product at a reasonable price!)

For my personal use I found approximately 5 months ago (after a lot of careful consideration what to choose for my personal use) some interesting material on Russian web sites. And all the diagrams and values were all CORECT the first time around – no “misprints” – just good stuff available for all (who understand a bit of Russian) to use. Results are far better than anything I tried so far.
However, I had to spend time to source the parts, make the PCB, assemble everything, which I enjoyed (the “assemble everything” part).

Best Regards,
Extreme_Boky

Gee, Lars......if we keep agreeing with each other, my ol' buddy Guido Tent is going to get suspicious. [joke]

Yeah, guess I really need to build one to see just how bad it is. Too bad I don't have one of Elso's for a lab reference! [yet another joke]

There, I have offended 2 friends in one post. Only Phred could do worse, assuming he had that many friends [3 in one post........he's on a roll today!]

Jocko

Is this is reference to you, or some guy who wants to try patenting a scheme where he takes the noise ("error") from a clock and feeds it back to itself to cancel out the noise?

Wonder what his response will be when he finds that it has been done before? And that no one is going to pay him royalties?

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.