CLC vs. CRC

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
I have never seen the English translation so i dont know if they are good. Usually you need a real person to write something sensible
My friends Hiraga uses Tent shunts for the input stage. Very similar to the ones used by people to modify the DDDAC before they were integrated into the circuit during an update.
Better spec parts will not give you automatically a better amp. If so there wouldn't be that much garbage available.
My friend changed his nearly 30 year old caps by new ones. Guess what the old ones sounded better. The old ones were real professional caps used by serious companies like Dassault . They are still available but not that easily.
I don't have any doubt about the competence of the dddac designer.
Even with not so big caps the rectifier and transformer will suffer a lot. I have had it explained by a real French audio technician. Even with a CRC or CLC you can make the first cap to big. Making the transformer bigger sometimes also worsens the problem.

Which chokes did you use as input choke for your tube gear?
All the people who redesigned the original Hiraga so it will have a bit more power will say it blew away the old one. There might be kits available on the internet that will be ok compared to complete devices available in a real shop but most of them sound just bad.
Greetings Eduard