Class i and siblings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mine is the mosfet version, dunno why he hate schottky and prefer to do some transistor matching.
Trying to improve 20kHz performance without canceling its timing error is also difficult job.
May be he just need to be a little moderate.
Anyway I am now able to remove crossover spike and removing preEC stage, and it finished.

AB2-BJT-PP3

Here are the first simulations with Edmond's new AB2 PP output stage connected with my input stage I used in other simulation.
As Edmond promised this OPS can do square wave test mutch better, here are simulations charts.
Damir

Attachments

• DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-sinus1k.jpg
    DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-sinus1k.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 419
  • DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-sinus20k.jpg
    DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-sinus20k.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 410
  • DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-square.jpg
    DADO-EDMOND-AB2-PP-square.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 379
Hi, Pawel.
My simulations isn't ready to built. If you like mosfet, Edmon has mosfet version at his website. There are many pearls here like mosfets, schottky, and pure classA 60mA drivers.

Hi, Edmond.
You ignoring many people?

Last edited:
cross-conduction

Here are the first simulations with Edmond's new AB2 PP output stage connected with my input stage I used in other simulation.
As Edmond promised this OPS can do square wave test much better, here are simulations charts.
Damir

Hi Damir,

Indeed, that looks better. But I also urge you to watch the currents through the OP devices. How large is the cross-conduction?

BTW, you are confusing me a bit. I thought you were after an OPS you could tie on your tube pre-amp. Therefore I'm busy with a high input impedance and low offset version of AB2.

Cheers,
E.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Edmond

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and your girlfriend.

BTW 1: I'll PM you my new email, I lost the password on the email that you use when the HD crashed.

BTW 2: I respect you, posting a circuit and an idea, knowing that some idiots will try to improve the circuit without understanding the most basics issues. A very good reason why I don't post schematics.

Cheers
Stein

patents & temper

Hi Stein,

Thank you for your kind words and a 'distortion-less' New Year!
Regarding those 'Einsteins', it' not easy to keep my temper, in particular when a I have spent months to optimize a circuit and then some smart pant thinks he can improve it in a split second.
I respect you policy to not share your ideas with anybody else. OTOH, the reason I do share my ideas is that I'm fiercely against the current patent practice and I hope that publishing those ideas will prevent that others will apply for a patent. Not that it always helps, see the TMC patent.:sad:

Cheers,
E.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: Edmond, It is human nature for people to experiment. It is something you need to accept if you post your designs (which I certainly hope you will continue to do). My advice would be if you get angry, refrain from posting until you have settled down. Then post a well reasoned comment about why you don't think it is a good idea, and leave it at that :)

Tony.

Hi Edmond,
Yes I would like to use it with tupbe pre and no global feedback, but simulating like I did shows me more about stability. I will simulate it separately too.
How large is the cross-conduction? I am not sure if this chart shows cross-conduction!!
Damir

Attachments

• current per pait of OTR.jpg
    current per pait of OTR.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 367
Hi Edmond,
Yes I would like to use it with tupbe pre and no global feedback, but simulating like I did shows me more about stability.

Hi Damir,

If you intend to use it with your tube pre-amp, the AB2 OPS has to be optimized for different properties: high input impedance and low offset voltage. So it makes not much sense to simulate the OPS when integrated with an IPS and VAS and applying global NFB.
Instead, you need to know the properties of the pre-amp output (impedance at DC and AC) and use these impedances in you simulation.

I will simulate it separately too.
How large is the cross-conduction? I am not sure if this chart shows cross-conduction!!
Damir

The cross-conduction is determined by the intercept point of the current through 'top' and 'bottom' OP devices. In this case it's about 100mA. Because it appears to be the same as the quiescent current, it's perfectly okay.
But what happens in case of square waves or a sine of say 250kHz? An ideal OPS should show the same (low) cross-conduction, though that's not always possible.

Cheers,
E.

Cross conduction, stability and clip cross conduction is properties of reliability. Better take care of it, because 0.001% THD is enough, or already excelent.

Beware diamond need to be cut in correct shapes, or it will break into pieces. That cross connection is diamond, not just pearl.

BTW: not good to call another is idiot just because feel genius, because it is bad for people relation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.