Cello One. Good Amplifier 15 Watt with TMC and Laterals

Cello One
All data comes from SPICE simulation.
I leave building this amplifier to diyAudio members.
I can not build it.

Max 15 Watt into 8 Ohm Class AB
TMC compensation
THD 0.00005% at 1 Watt
Easy to find components are used

Cello One_07.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I beg to differ, @PMA
There are a great many threads of projects that started without building.
I have posted a few such threads.
And some people will like it and build together.
Now @PMA you do it the other way. You have the opportunity to build and publish. That's fine.
I have no possibility to build.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I beg to differ, @PMA
There are a great many threads of projects that started without building.
I have posted a few such threads.
And some people will like it and build together.
Now @PMA you do it the other way. You have the opportunity to build and publish. That's fine.
I have no possibility to build.
Sims have to provide enough info. Square wave in & out doesn't. What matters in that case are the waveforms within the feedback loop which might reveal clipping / overshoot. The AC voltage over R13 would provide that info.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Yes, with 2 x 35V supply it should be possible to stick with one pair. With 2 x 55V supply I get 2 x 250W/4R and 2 x 150W/8R and the amp starts to be quite complex, if I want to stay at a safe side. But it is a dominant pole compensation, not TMC.

https://pmacura.cz/DIY_250W_4ohm_amplifier.html
Looks classy. Fun stuff!
Have you tried two pole compensation?

Have you tried two pole compensation?
I did, in another projects. It improves distortion at high frequencies, but it makes stability a bit worse, even if you have "enough" stability margin in loopgain analysis. Audibly, it brings nothing, there is no difference. After decades in this hobby, I do not believe any sighted test opinion. The test must be properly done double blind, with perfectly matched level, to have some significance.

Reactions: 1 users

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Why write 0,000%? It could be 0,00099 which means that it is 0,001 really.

It is a simulation - and as such VERY uncertain - to play with decimals leaving the actual value out, pretending that it is 0 (?) is silly - nobody here is fooled by that - you must realise that. Be open - play no games.

//

Reactions: 1 users