CDPRO2 Group Project (open source project)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
As for the status of this project, I will work up a new pcb with the buttons on the side, and then get some feedback on the layout. I will then put together a small order of pcbs. I have set no deadlines yet. As for the pcb changes, there isn't much to change, (just need to add the buttons on the side) so it won't take me too long.

--
Brian

On the approach I took, there is good news and bad news.

As you may recall, I modified the APOX front panel to output DSA commands. I have this working and the CD player is functional. The bad news is that APOX has ceased to sell these products.

So, you are all welcome to the source code for your own use when I have it finalized. It includes bootloader and RS232 downloadable user programme.

Gaz

Well done Johan!

I have a problem I am working on at the moment. I want track times (aswell as current time). There are several options. For tracks 1-20, you can just get current track length. However, if a CD has more than 20 tracks, this does not work.

The other option is to read the Long TOC. This send copious amounts of information, and is the system I'm using at present. When reading the long TOC, 10 bytes are sent to you:

<COMMAND> / <PARAMETER>
0x60 / <Track Number>
0x61 / <Address>
0x62 / <Start Time Minutes>
0x63 / <Start Time Seconds>
0x64 / <Start Time Frames>

It also sends some other data, by disguising itself as a track, with a track number of 0x64 etc.

My problem is that the tracks come in a random order, so you could be sent the information for tracks 1,5,12 about 16 times, beofre the details for track 4 comes through. Has anyone else noticed this? It's annoying cause it can take 15 seconds to load a normal CD! Many thanks,

Gaz

Mine CD transport

Here is mine CD transport based on Pro 2. Mechanism is slightly modified, and suspension is completely different.

Now I have plan to change display to use 2x20 characters VFD.

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,571
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.