CDPRO2 Group Project (open source project)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just finished designing a new board (nothing like reinventing the wheel).

Features:
Relay for delayed 9V feed to transport
Relay for alternate audio output (I'm adding in a tube buffer)
6 inputs for any control board you like
LCD
DSA Control (Obviously!)
E-Stop input for CD Door / Cover
Remote control (Any, due to IR Learning)
Dual Colour LED

That about covers it. I'll have it built by the end of the week, so I'll let you know...

Gaz

Hi all,

I have recently aquiried a cdpro (I am not even sure if it works).

Since these units are used in jukeboxes my original idea was to get hold of a service manual and build a controller.

I found the datasheet at:-

http://www.vendoramusements.com/cdpro2.htm

The datasheet mentions "The unit can be controlled through the so-called DSA bus. Available DSA commands are described in the Premium 10501 documentation. A floppy with DSA control software, which runs on an IBM compatible PC, is available and is part of the documentation."

Has any one got hold of this ? (I think a license may be needed)

Kind regards,

Ashley.

Attachments

• usermanual1.pdf
    69.6 KB · Views: 388
ash_dac said:

The datasheet mentions "The unit can be controlled through the so-called DSA bus. Available DSA commands are described in the Premium 10501 documentation. A floppy with DSA control software, which runs on an IBM compatible PC, is available and is part of the documentation."

Has any one got hold of this ? (I think a license may be needed)

hope this helps.

cd pro ibm control

ash_dac,

I am no authority on controlling CD drives, as a matter of fact I am trying to get hold of the necessary hardware to control my own cd-pro drive (that’s a hint for Brian, HELP).:bawling:

I don’t understand what you are trying to achieve by using a PC for control of your 723 and I doubt that others will be able to help you unless you are more specific regarding your requirements. Reasoning aside, yes its possible but I doubt that spending the time and money creating the hardware and software would be worth the effort, especially considering that you have a cd-pro drive with the dsa interface and if PC control is your main goal then you have the link above that will give you a starting point for you to develop a bespoke PC interface if this is what you require.

CD Controller

I have recently risen from the dead, almost literally... and I find myself in need of a finished Control Board that I can use my Optrex display with. I would like to finish my CD Project but I have painted myself into a corner. I have done all the machining to the Aluminum front Panel and Acrylic Isolation base to fit the CD Controller from BrianGT and now find myself without one. It's really quite inconvenient.

Anthony

I have successfully used this schematic to power my Optrex display.

No, I don't have kits, boards or plans for sale. No, I don't have code to turn this into a preamp. No, you probably don't need the 40 pin PIC for a preamp. Yes, I can supply the Eagle project on request.

Bryan A. Thompson
batee@fidnet.com

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Re: CD Controller

Coulomb said:
I have recently risen from the dead, almost literally... and I find myself in need of a finished Control Board that I can use my Optrex display with. I would like to finish my CD Project but I have painted myself into a corner. I have done all the machining to the Aluminum front Panel and Acrylic Isolation base to fit the CD Controller from BrianGT and now find myself without one. It's really quite inconvenient.

Anthony

I never used the one you sold me some years ago.

I bought this display for this project, but when boards were unavailable, I designed my own. I never got around to writing the program for the preamp or CD project, but I did get far enough to have a few boards cut. I built one and ended up using it for another project entirely, so I have no PIC code at all for the CD or preamp project.

Sorry,

Bryan

batee said:
I should add:

This is truly a beautiful display - esp the blue version. Totally worth the time and effort to implement into either CD player or a preamp project.

Bryan

I have the blue Optrex display, and I concur it is great looking. Here it is in my front panel before the final polishing, unfortunately I do no have the controller anymore.
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2-atagg/DSCN0352

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.