CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
But now as I checked again my situation is actually what you need to do.

I now found out that if in a Mixer, and on a destination, you can add a second channel - that must mean that it will indeed be mixed.

I never did that as I can recall, hence my surprise that it was there. Now I have deleted them.

If you di this - consider that adding two channels into one increases the total level and one should probably see to the incoming channels to the mixer is attenuated 6 dB before mixing or clipping might occur.

Good luck!!

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
isabido, is this perhaps what you would like to do?

2p1 mixer.png

2p1_pipe.jpg

Here ch2 is taken from 1&2 and combined but first attenuated, some filters done (ignore!) and out on 2 again...

//

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys, I currently use Uli's AcourateConvolver on windows, I'm testing this fabulous software on a raspi 3b. I need to do this mapping and I can't get it.

My system is a 2.1, generated with acourate, the XO and DRC filters are included in the same convolution.

Hope someone can guide me. Thanks in advance. View attachment 1048435
You need to add another mixer last in the pipeline. 4 channels in and 4 out. For channels 0 and 1 you add a single source channel (0 rep 1). For channels 2 you add two sources (channels 2 and 3). And for channel 3 you don't put any sources. I'm not at my computer so can't make any picture to show it how it should look at the moment.

isabido, is this perhaps what you would like to do?

View attachment 1048596

View attachment 1048598

Here ch2 is taken from 1&2 and combined but first attenuated, some filters done (ignore!) and out on 2 again...

//
Thanks for the help TNT, I would know how to make that connection, but it's not the one I need.

¡Por favor mire cuidadosamente mi dibujo a mano alzada!

I need to apply FIR to both input channels separately and then do the mix before sending to the output.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-04-26 230735.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-04-26 230735.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 34
... I attach an image of how it is configured in AcourateConvolver. ...

View attachment 1048539

@ isabido: Beware - this info is slightly off topic, but may be helpful anyway for you ...

Your image shows that you are outdated by 6 years in terms of Acourate Convolver. The actual official release of Acourate Convolver is 1.7.2 (released 08/21). You will certainly be happy to see all these newer Acourate Convolver features which have been implemented since 1.4.2.

This info is no help for your base camilladsp problem, of course. But anyway, give it a try with an update for what you already have functional. I am using both the Acourate Convolver and CamillaDSP, and each software has it's (complementary) merits.

Last edited:
Hi Daihedz,

Sorry for the confusion, I had the MOTU M4 connected to the raspberry, and I put an older capture that I had made. As you can see, I'm on the latest version!

For me today it is impossible to listen to a system without going through my filters calculated with Acourate. But many times I am lazy to use the PC to listen to music, it is more comfortable for me to use TIDAL CONECT o AIRPLAY from the mobile and send it to the raspberry with CamillaDSP.

As you say, they are two excellent software.

Let's see if HenrikEnquist gives me an idea how I can do this same routing. Thank you all for your comments.

Attachments

• acourate.png
    acourate.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 43

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Entering filters via gui:

• Don't sort while typing - things disappears in front of your eyes :)
  • Don't sort a filter called "New Filter xy" - because when one create a new one, it jumps away - wait until leaving the input field...

The "Dest" (ination?) is that ment to imply "Destination channel".. if so, call it d_channel or dest_ch...

//

Hi Daihedz,

Sorry for the confusion, I had the MOTU M4 connected to the raspberry, and I put an older capture that I had made. As you can see, I'm on the latest version!

For me today it is impossible to listen to a system without going through my filters calculated with Acourate. But many times I am lazy to use the PC to listen to music, it is more comfortable for me to use TIDAL CONECT o AIRPLAY from the mobile and send it to the raspberry with CamillaDSP.

As you say, they are two excellent software.

Let's see if HenrikEnquist gives me an idea how I can do this same routing. Thank you all for your comments.

Define these mixers (click to expand):
2.1mixers.PNG

Place them like this in the pipeline (click to expand):
2.1pipeline.PNG

And this is the result:
2.1graph.PNG

Just one question, are the left_sub and right_sub filters really different? If not, you can sum the channels before filtering and save a little bit of cpu time.

Define these mixers (click to expand):
View attachment 1048705

Place them like this in the pipeline (click to expand):
View attachment 1048707

And this is the result:
View attachment 1048708

Just one question, are the left_sub and right_sub filters really different? If not, you can sum the channels before filtering and save a little bit of cpu time.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! for taking your time! this looks very good I'm going to fight to get it into the GUI.

Indeed, the filters are different, in the 80hz area where the overlap with the main monitors is. Here's a screenshot so you can see for yourself.

What is not so clear to me is that I have to apply the -6db. In the AcourateConvolver it is not necessary.
Imagine that in the recording there is a bass sound in only one channel, we would be removing -6db. What's more, if you then take a measurement with the filters applied, the subwoofer channel would be 6db below the main ones.

Although I recognize that this was always a doubt for me,

Attachments

• acourate.png
    acourate.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 39