CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.

I see that the there was a final V1.0.0 release yesterday! I updated my CamillaDSP installs and everything went smoothly. For the RC1 GUI I really like the option for compact view, dB graduations on level meters and ability to view a log directly from the GUI. I know it is still a RC but I do have a few very minor nits to pick with the RC1 GUI.

1) The level meters are no longer smooth and appear choppy. All prior versions had a very smooth action which looked much better.
2) When switching to compact view and then back to normal view the CamillaDSP logo in the upper left disappears until the browser is refreshed.

Michael
Same, problems. CamillaDSP icon is lost (this is a major bug!! ;) )

And the vumeter is very lazy with very few FPS.

Thank you very much Henrik for these improvements! what I still can't get is when I start the active YML appears loaded in the GUI.

It goes like this:

1651610685089.png

And it should look like this right?

Every time I refresh the browser, the configuration file is lost.

1651610737616.png

Yes version 1.0.0 is finally released!
I also bumped the versions of the python libraries and the gui to 1.0.0, so it's easy to know what versions to run :)

The gui is currently in v1.0.0-rc2. Its likely ready, just needs a little more testing.

@mdsimon2 : Yes the smooth transitions were nice. Unfortunately that level meter component couldn't be customized so it wasn't possible to add the scale etc. It was actually just a simple progress bar. The new one is completely custom. It should be possible to make it do smooth transitions, I'll look at it at some point.
I can't reproduce the second issue. What browser are you using?

I've tried Safari and Chrome on Mac and Edge and Chrome on Windows and they all lose the logo when switching between compact and normal mode.

Michael

@isabido Did you ever update your camillagui.yml so that default_config and active_config point to the configuration you want?

When you lasted posted you had:

default_config: "~/camilladsp/default_config.yml"
active_config: "~/camilladsp/active_config.yml"

But based on your GUI screenshots you seem to be using a file called camilladsp.yml.

Michael

Reactions: 1 user
@isabido Did you ever update your camillagui.yml so that default_config and active_config point to the configuration you want?

When you lasted posted you had:

But based on your GUI screenshots you seem to be using a file called camilladsp.yml.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Good observation in that publication I was trying other options to see if it worked.

Now it is following the steps of your wonderful guide. For those who don't know her:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/

1651611781801.png

And so my CamillaDSP service starts
1651611962608.png

And so my CamillaGUI service starts
1651612021329.png

Hi @mdsimon2 @HenrikEnquist

do you think that could happen? I don't know if I explained myself. When you access the GUI for the first time, do you get the loaded configuration file?

I may not understand your question.

When I open the GUI all of the information in the GUI (Devices, Filters, Mixers, Pipeline) reflects camilladsp.yml which is what I have my active_config, default_config as well as my camilladsp.service set to. This configuration is applied automatically with nothing required to load it to the GUI or CamillaDSP.

However it does not show the name of the configuration in the lower left of the GUI.

Michael

Si uno elige presionar el cuadrado con una A en la parte de manejo de archivos, dice que usará este archivo de configuración como predeterminado. ¿Eso estaba pasando?

//

OK!!! so that's just how it works for me. If you now want to apply any changes you can do it directly.

But if you want it to be PERMANENT, you have to load the YML first.

Is this how it should work?

OK!!! so that's just how it works for me. If you now want to apply any changes you can do it directly.

But if you want it to be PERMANENT, you have to load the YML first.

Is this how it should work?

For me CamillaDSP and the GUI always load a configuration file called camilladsp.yml. I can make changes in the GUI to this configuration and apply those changes to CamillaDSP but they will not become permanent (as in always loaded at start up) unless I save that configuration to overwrite camilladsp.yml.

This way I can leave my camilladsp.service and my camillagui.yml pointing to camilladsp.yml and I never need to change it. There may be a better way to do this but it works well for me.

Michael

There is some confusion about the gui config.
Let's take a look at these three lines:
Code:
update_symlink: true

default_config: this is the file that will be loaded into the gui when it starts.
active_config: this is the currently chosen active config. This should be a symlink to the file, not the file itself!
update_symlink: whether the gui should update the symlink or not when pressing that A in the files tab.

Try something like this:
Code:
default_config: "~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml"
  • Save the config file you normally want to use as ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml
  • Make a symlink at ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml that points to ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml
  • Launch camilladsp with ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml as config file
Now if you select another file as the active config, let's say it's at ~/camilladsp/my_other_config.yml , the backend will rewrite the symlink to point at that file instead. This makes the choice of active config permanent.
If you instead want to save changes to the active config file, you have to press the save button at the active file in the files tab.

Reactions: 1 users

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have a suggestion for a feature...

- an auto change log for a Pipeline. If it is kept for a pipeline, even non saved changes could be tracked. I'd go so far that it should be tracked on pipeline name so that even different .yml (using the same pipeline name) files could be used and still the changes could ve followed.

//

There is some confusion about the gui config.
Let's take a look at these three lines:
Code:

default_config: this is the file that will be loaded into the gui when it starts.
active_config: this is the currently chosen active config. This should be a symlink to the file, not the file itself!
update_symlink: whether the gui should update the symlink or not when pressing that A in the files tab.

Try something like this:
Code:
default_config: "~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml"
  • Save the config file you normally want to use as ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml
  • Make a symlink at ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml that points to ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml
  • Launch camilladsp with ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml as config file
Now if you select another file as the active config, let's say it's at ~/camilladsp/my_other_config.yml , the backend will rewrite the symlink to point at that file instead. This makes the choice of active config permanent.
If you instead want to save changes to the active config file, you have to press the save button at the active file in the files tab.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I had tried to wrap my head around this before but wasn't able to, this laid it out clearly.

Just to clarify for others, when you say make a symlink you do this by running "ln -s ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml ", correct?

I have this setup now and it works great. I can switch between configurations in the GUI and select which one I want as my active configuration.

The only thing I do not quite understand is the handling of default_config. It seems that if I change the active configuration in the GUI that configuration will automatically be loaded to CamillaDSP and the GUI upon restart even though default_config is unchanged in camillagui.yml. I assume this is the correct behavior?

Michael

Muchas gracias por la explicación. Había tratado de entender esto antes, pero no pude, esto lo expuso claramente.

Solo para aclarar a los demás, cuando dice hacer un enlace simbólico, lo hace ejecutando "ln -s ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml", ¿correcto?

Tengo esta configuración ahora y funciona muy bien. Puedo cambiar entre configuraciones en la GUI y seleccionar cuál quiero como mi configuración activa.

Lo único que no entiendo bien es el manejo de default_config. Parece que si cambio la configuración activa en la GUI, esa configuración se cargará automáticamente en CamillaDSP y la GUI al reiniciar, aunque default_config no haya cambiado en camillagui.yml. ¿Supongo que este es el comportamiento correcto?

Miguel
Equally!! I can quickly switch between yml without error, it works great.

What if it is true, as you say, I do not understand very well now the real operation of the default_config parameter.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I had tried to wrap my head around this before but wasn't able to, this laid it out clearly.

Just to clarify for others, when you say make a symlink you do this by running "ln -s ~/camilladsp/my_great_config.yml ~/camilladsp/active_config.yml ", correct?

I have this setup now and it works great. I can switch between configurations in the GUI and select which one I want as my active configuration.

The only thing I do not quite understand is the handling of default_config. It seems that if I change the active configuration in the GUI that configuration will automatically be loaded to CamillaDSP and the GUI upon restart even though default_config is unchanged in camillagui.yml. I assume this is the correct behavior?

Michael

Nevermind, it is in the documentation (sorry for being slow!).

The active_config will be loaded into the web interface when it is opened. If there is no active config, the default_config will be used. If this does not exist, the internal default config is used. Note: the active_config will NOT be automatically applied to CamillaDSP, when CamillaDSP or the GUI starts. To have CamillaDSP use it on start, set CamillaDSP's config path to the same as active_config.

Michael

I have a suggestion for a feature...

- an auto change log for a Pipeline. If it is kept for a pipeline, even non saved changes could be tracked. I'd go so far that it should be tracked on pipeline name so that even different .yml (using the same pipeline name) files could be used and still the changes could ve followed.

//
I don't think I really get what you mean. It tracks all changes to the config internally for the undo/redo. You mean you want to keep this history if you switch to another config file?