Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Again why is this wonderful device only available to the esoteric audio fraternity.

Even though it's been said many times, many ways: that is where they find the deepest pockets and the required gullibility / ignorance necessary to effectively pedal such a 'product'.
Examples of other farces abound and they are not limited to gimmick items like the ridiculously named "Quantum Purifier". Cashing in on the exploitation of some of the publics lack of logical brain power is the real magic of these devices.
:)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just released through Wikileaks:

YouTube - Screamin Jay Hawkins - I Put A Spell On You

Film footage (with audio) from the secret lab where this device under discussion here (seen at the top of the piano, over a green vibration-absorbing substance) undergoes it’s final commissioning tests.

The silhouette of the Cray computer-although hidden under dark cover-can be seen on the far side of the lab.

Regards
George

Edit: Wait a minute. This is not a piano. It is the supercomputer's input console.

Last edited:
Saw my first at Lawrence Berkeley Labs, (or was it LLL?) in the late 70's. Quite a display. Personally, I used to operate an IBM 7094 for Lockheed Burbank back in the '60's and I still like the images of one sometimes put up here during 'shutdown'. Very nostalgic. I suspect that most of our home computers TODAY have similar processing power to the Cray. I could be wrong on this, anybody know?

Well, I ran the largest computer from IBM at Lockheed Burbank, back in 1963. I became an expert in ECAP in 1966-67 and ran the company's IBM 1620 computer, myself. Attended class in 1971, when SPICE was being developed at UCB, by the professors that whose classes I attended. Got my HP-35 in 1973, cost me $400. I slept with it next to my bed, for at least a year. Bought an HP-65 in 1974, had a lot of fun with it. John Meyer and I purchased a Tektronix FFT analyzer ($50,000) for our IHEM Lab in Switzerland in 1974, containing a PDP-11-35. We both went to class in Oregon for a few days. That was when I first saw major distortion in a CERAMIC cap, during a lunch hour demo.
Bought my first Apple 2 in late 1978, or so. Played with it for years. Got a special program from Dean Jensen to do filter analysis. Made several breakthroughs in filter and EQ design in improving low end performance in 30 ips tape recorders. Used an HP41 at Humphrey Instruments with electronic design pack in 1984-85. Got my first MAC in 1985, and so it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.