Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
if a pair of interconnects can change the sound of a system, then why wouldnt these things make a difference, what ever they are? They have impeadance, then they probably have a sonic signature. All this rf stuff and super/semi conductor stuff may be a red hearing and its just a simple RC or RL circuit?

All this rf stuff and super/semi conductor stuff may be a red hearing and its just a simple RC or RL circuit?

I had a pair of 'speaker" Bybees on loan, and they did a very little "something" to the sound, but I could never tell if it was an improvement or not.

So I measured them on my General Radio 5 digit LCR bridge, no hint of inductance, no hint of capcitance, very very small amount of resistance - like a piece of wire.

Very interested in SY's measurements, if he has access to a better bridge.

Regards, Allen

I had a pair of 'speaker" Bybees on loan, and they did a very little "something" to the sound, but I could never tell if it was an improvement or not.

So I measured them on my General Radio 5 digit LCR bridge, no hint of inductance, no hint of capcitance, very very small amount of resistance - like a piece of wire.

Very interested in SY's measurements, if he has access to a better bridge.

Regards, Allen

thanks Allen, thats interesting. Wonder what these things are?

I tell you what. You can give all the money collected so far to me and I'll give you a resistor to measure for shot noise!

On one hand I can see why some of the posters on this thread have donated funds to this cause - to put this ** to and end once and for all; on the other hand, shame on you all for getting suckered into this!

Hi John,

Are you saying there may not be a main element??

Figures. That would be difficult to measure in that case.

-Chris :)

This Bybee guy is a genius with a flare for comedy. He doesn't mess around here with a product that actually functions instead of other normal things with certain easily expected levels of performance. He makes a thing, out of secret stuff, that does secret stuff, and even got people that can measure darned near anything measurable to buy one just so they can. You have to admit it's funny! I'm also looking forward to the actual results.

Possibly that's all there is. I've admitted my expectation- that it's performance art. But there's lots of things beyond an LCR bridge- I'm surprised you didn't stick one in your preamp and check the effect on distortion and noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.