• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 2

Scaling from the displayed printed circuit board in post #116,which isn't always a good idea, I get the hole-centre spacing for the six XLR connectors to be at 23mm. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
Yes, the XLRs are 23mm apart from each other apart from the gap between input and output which is 23.15mm.

J1 <--23.00--> J7 <--23.00> J3 <--23.00> J9 <--23.15> J2 <--23.00--> J8

Many thanks for confirming the dimensions, Xavier. I missed the slight spread between

input and output. I shall now puncture the back panel!.

Thanks also for your considerable time and effort expended on our behalf.

Looking forward to a successful conclusion to this group buy.

Hi Xavier, thank you. It looks like we are closer to day X now)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Yup :)

Many thanks for confirming the dimensions, Xavier. I missed the slight spread between

input and output. I shall now puncture the back panel!.

Thanks also for your considerable time and effort expended on our behalf.

Looking forward to a successful conclusion to this group buy.
Thanks John. I'm now counting the time of this in man-days rather than man-hours. Still a few things to sort out, but we're getting there.

For those who have paid and didn't order any Hypex regs (9 people), I hope to start shipping out this weekend. I'll of course keep you all personally updated by email with progress, shipment tracking numbers if applicable, etc. :)

Oh and I've just paid Hypex an awful lot of money for the regs :D I hope that'll expedite the order.

Last edited:
Crikey, I really have set myself a mammoth task. Also, I've now discovered my local post office hates me! LOL

Posted 7 orders out today to those who have paid, are in Europe and didn't have any regulators. You should have received an email from me with tracking info if applicable and an attached invoice in PDF format.

I've ordered some CN22 customs declaration labels for the non-EU stuff. That should arrive in the next few days so will start posting out the intercontinental orders soon :)

Tfboy do you know when you'll be able to tell us if you can meet some of the extra order? Thanks
SB
I'll have to decide at which point those who have previously said yes but not paid after me sending a reminder drop off the list.

But I can't realistically chase those who haven't paid until I've received the regulators and am in a position to post their order.

I suppose if I receive the regs in the next two weeks, I'll then give everyone another week or two. By end April seems fair for them to pay up. If they haven't by then, I'll reallocate the stock to those on the waiting list.

Oh and another downer on the post thing: being maybe too fair and transparent, I put what it cost me based on the weight assumptions I made at the beginning of the group buy. Since then, the post office has raised the prices a bit (changed on 1st April), so I'm potentially losing out a bit on postage...

Reasonable changes like shipping increase - which were not expected, I will pay the additions. It is fair to ask the others as well. It is better to add % of cost variations to the cost at the initial announcement when a Group buy is conducted. As you can always contribute if there is an excess at the end to DIY Audio site as this site provides our means to organize this
my 2 cent

Thanks, and good idea to add a few % and donate back to the site, I hadn't thought of that :)

So for those interested in where we're at with the whole thing:

I have 71 individual orders for a variety of quantities that have exhausted the 110 assembled PCBs made up.

There are 14 others on a waiting list.

Of the 71 orders, 55 people have paid in full, 3 have paid but are a little short, 13 haven't yet paid.

Of the 55 people who have paid, I have posted out 7 orders as they were without Hypex regs and within the EU (so no CN22 customs declaration paperwork required).

Once I receive some CN22 labels, I can post out a further two orders (for clivel and chevron) as they have paid, and have not ordered regulators.

Once I receive the Hypex regs, I'll be able to post out the other 46 orders for those who have paid.

I've chased the few in the EU who have not ordered regs and haven't paid me yet (I could dispatch tomorrow pending payment).

Then once the regs arrive, I'll send a general chaser email to all those who have ordered but not paid me yet (or are short).

Then, after maybe another week I'll give them to pay me, they'll be removed from the GB to allow those on the waiting list to get the PCB.

I think that's as fair as I can make it unless you more experienced GB managers out there can add some more great tips :)