• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 2

Tfboy you are right, there is only 2 layers ;) I can certainly do this PCB myself.

Attachments

• PCB_Both.JPG
    PCB_Both.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 400
What are the requirements regarding power supply? This will to a great extend influence the enclosure design. I'm building a phono preamp in parallel which I intend to feed with 4000mA batteries. Would this be possible with this preamp as well? Or would the power consumption be too high for this direction?

Hope you find it useful but I have told Sparkos Labs about your situation regarding HxR's they produce discrete VR's I have some hear to try in my Input buffer boards not got around to trying them as I went with the Hypex ones love the 7 LED's!. Though I will if I can not get the Hypex ones. I use there Op Amps and they are very good.

BTW, I just checked with Hypex and have some bad news: the regulators are out of stock and there's a 60 day lead time on them which is a bummer for those of us who wanted them as well :(

Last edited:
Hi tfboy, does it still be possible to order a bare or assambled pcb?

I don't know how many spare boards I'll have. I'll let you know if there are any left at the end. Although if you're just after the blank boards, they are relatively simple for a PCB lab to make.
It seems to me that now there is a time to start to think about some nice case for this preamp. Are there any designs that somebody already started to work on?
IMHO, some coordination of the work on the case would be appreciated.
Ladislav
I'd happily help out with this - I've been doing some case designs for power amplifiers, doing the design in 3D MCAD. However, see the following question!
What are the requirements regarding power supply? This will to a great extend influence the enclosure design. I'm building a phono preamp in parallel which I intend to feed with 4000mA batteries. Would this be possible with this preamp as well? Or would the power consumption be too high for this direction?
I don't know what the power consumption will be, but it can't be too high. With a potential case design, I don't know if we want to take a PSU into consideration (and have it located inside the case) or just provide a connector which is fed from an external PSU.

The preamp PCB has diode bridge and smoothing caps, so I'm presuming and someone please correct me if I'm wrong! that we provide a low voltage (15-20V) AC signal.

Hope you find it useful but I have told Sparkos Labs about your situation regarding HxR's they produce discrete VR's I have some hear to try in my Input buffer boards not got around to trying them as I went with the Hypex ones love the 7 LED's!. Though I will if I can not get the Hypex ones. I use there Op Amps and they are very good.
Thanks for the heads up, Colin. I've placed the order with Hypex this morning for the VRs. Let me know how you get on with the Sparkos Labs ones :)