• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 2

Right chaps (and chapettes), I'm just back from Quick Circuits and have picked up the assembled PCBs.

First, I'd like to thank their team of genuinely great staff who've been very friendly and professional throughout. It turns out they didn't use the XY data as they wanted to finish so used some new software to generate the required data for the P&P machine.

I spoke mainly to a lovely guy called Eddie who gave me a tour of their facilities. In short, if anyone in the UK is looking for local PCB manufacture and/or assembly, I'd highly recommend these guys as a small, independant fablab where quality and precision is key. They're great and IMO offer very good value for money :)

Here's a photo of the P&P machine used for the Hypex preamp assembly:
i-mqFrzwS.jpg

And a few more of interest no doubt ;)
i-wTH22SQ-X3.jpg

i-F2SzrTF-X3.jpg

i-Cjh4t67-X3.jpg

Thanks, we're getting there. I did have some potentially good news on the availability of the regulators, so I'm hoping we can finish this in the next few weeks.

Nat, no, not yet. I did build a through-hole version of Bruno's design, but used more vanilla components. But I'm ashamed to say I'm yet to test it (or the one made by QC).

A couple of minor updates:

- The delivery includes a certificate of conformance stating that "the goods have been inspected, and unless otherwise stated, conform to the full requirements of the data supplied including electronic testing of the unassembled PCB. Furthermore the raw materials used have been obtained from approved sources."

- I have a total of 110 assembled PCBs and 33 bare PCBs (3 more than I eventually ordered; I guess as it worked out that way panelling it all). Nice of Quick Circuits to provide them free of charge :)

To date, of the 71 who have placed orders in the initial GB, 57 have paid. I have a waiting list of 3-4 people which I might be able to fulfill. One in the initial group buy is probably pulling out ("too expensive") so that might free up a few boards. I'll wait for the regulators to arrive before chasing those who haven't paid by then :)

For those who didn't get in first time round, by all means feel free to email me with your order following the template in the first post of this thread.

I have added people on the end of the list and will process their requests on a first come / first served / availability basis :) Please note that I would request you only ask for a quantity of one of each item (bare board, assembled PCB, hypex regs) at most so it remains fair for others further down the list.