• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 2

Hi Xavier, let me know what the all in Postage price would be when you are ready to send my set and I'll top up for Postage too.

The world is changing all the time)) so it is fair to pay the real price.

Thank you for your hard work!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

They love you! Keeping their post office open.. the people in the queue however might be a different story.
In the interest of trying to save them time and not make myself hated so much, I thought I'd use the pre-pay system where you weigh the package, then pay online and print out your own labels. As I'm using a tracking service, you can't just drop them in a letter box, you need to go to a post office to get a proof of posting and get them to check in each package.

Unfortunately, my belief that this would save time and the post office clerk would only have to scan the barcode and print a receipt was completely flawed! They have to re-type in all the information (name, address, etc) all over again.

Then the lady said "ahh, you haven't priced these correctly: you need to pay more than what you have" to which I replied "I did notice that the 'online' price was cheaper than pricing at the post office so I went and did it all online also hoping that it would save you time".

"Oh no", was the reply, "you see, I have to type it all in again and as the pricing has increased, the system won't let me scan your barcode".

At that point, I could feel the laser eyes of everyone one in the queue behind me aiming directly for my head!

The lady then said she needed to phone head office to confirm what to do - she had never had someone come to the post office to drop off a pre-paid package before! Only I had another 80 or so to process (I only brought 7 with me).

A few minutes later after some indistinct conversation with head office, it turns out she does have to type it all in, but there's a hidden "override" button or something to ignore the postage cost discrepency.

So after about a 5 minute process, that was one package sorted. Only another 6 to go for last Saturday... :D

Hahaha congrats)) and we are living in an age of electronics

It's like the electronic queue at Russian clinics.

"in order to apply for an appointment online

Please come and visit our registration office personally form 7-11am and ask for the manual registration"

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In the interest of trying to save them time and not make myself hated so much, I thought I'd use the pre-pay system where you weigh the package, then pay online and print out your own labels. As I'm using a tracking service, you can't just drop them in a letter box, you need to go to a post office to get a proof of posting and get them to check in each package.

Unfortunately, my belief that this would save time and the post office clerk would only have to scan the barcode and print a receipt was completely flawed! They have to re-type in all the information (name, address, etc) all over again.

Then the lady said "ahh, you haven't priced these correctly: you need to pay more than what you have" to which I replied "I did notice that the 'online' price was cheaper than pricing at the post office so I went and did it all online also hoping that it would save you time".

"Oh no", was the reply, "you see, I have to type it all in again and as the pricing has increased, the system won't let me scan your barcode".

At that point, I could feel the laser eyes of everyone one in the queue behind me aiming directly for my head!

The lady then said she needed to phone head office to confirm what to do - she had never had someone come to the post office to drop off a pre-paid package before! Only I had another 80 or so to process (I only brought 7 with me).

A few minutes later after some indistinct conversation with head office, it turns out she does have to type it all in, but there's a hidden "override" button or something to ignore the postage cost discrepency.

So after about a 5 minute process, that was one package sorted. Only another 6 to go for last Saturday... :D

I think with the prepaid and preprinted labels you can actually call them to come and pick up your packages. That is usually the deal.

Jan

The difference between talking to someone who works for a company, and someone who knows what they are doing..

Try someone like Collect + buisness (tel. 01923 601616 )
though I think they are UK only. You can print off the labels and drop them off at a local store.

Last edited:
Oh and another downer on the post thing: being maybe too fair and transparent, I put what it cost me based on the weight assumptions I made at the beginning of the group buy. Since then, the post office has raised the prices a bit (changed on 1st April), so I'm potentially losing out a bit on postage...

Xavier,
You have put in an enormous amount of time and effort into getting this group buy together, so it would be very unfair for you to be out of pocket as well. When you have the final price for each order, please let us know and I am sure that everyone will be happy to make up the shortfall.
Clive

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I feel bad now not going to pick them up. Mine arrived today, having travelled a full 5 miles. Professionally packed and boxed. Mightily impressed. Not had a change to examine them close up yet but will do

As someone who has done gp buys before all thumbs way up for Xavier on this .

Bill