Brilliancy in Sport, Your favourite moments

Those are one in the same? Milwaukee County Stadium became Miller Park. It abutted one of the largest VA facilities in the country and there was a grandstand on a hill so they could watch all events for free. In 1963 I got to play at halftime in a Packers/Rams game to promote Catholic grade school/Pop Warner style football. We did an 8 min quarter and I never found out if any of it went out on national TV.

Last edited:
I haven't followed it as closely as usual this year. But I believe KC have lost their preffered Offensive tackles to Injury.

And looking at the Bucs' Defensive Pass rush, they have 3 good ones. Suh, Pierre-Paul and Barrett.

KC's Mahomes could be on his back a lot, IMO. :D

Depends how accurate he is in hitting Diggs and Kelce, IMO.

I have made the sensible decision to not stay up tonight for Superbowl 55.

You must understand that Superbowl is a severe test for us Brits. Ends about 4 in the morning. :eek:

I will tune in tomorrow to see how it turned out. :)

Never bet on it anyway. More fun in betting on Willy Mullins in the jumps Horse-racing::

Irish Gold Cup: Kemboy wins at Leopardstown for Willie Mullins - BBC Sport

6 out of 8 ain't bad. Fancy him for a strong result at Cheltenham.

But TBH, I like the 3-y-o Flat. Aidan O'Brien is my man:

How to win the Derby - Racing TV visits Ballydoyle and Coolmore to find out - YouTube

Joined 2014
Paid Member
For a grin, here is Linus Torvalds view on the superbowl. Note it just co-incided with a new Kernel rc and he didn't want the news to get lost and he hasn't lost his Finnish sense of humour.
“Everybody is getting ready to watch the yearly top TV commercials, occasionally interrupted by some odd handegg carrying competition that I still haven't figured out the rules for after twenty-odd years here.” “It's kind of a more violent and hands-on team-oriented version of the traditional egg-and-spoon race, and involves a lot of standing around, apparently waiting for the next commercial to come on.”

Nordic Skiing World Championships in Oberstdorf/Germany

Today's qualification races of the Nordic Skiing World Championships have a winner of hearts: Raquel Sukkar from Lebanon.

I absolutely love it when 'underdogs' from countries that are just not competitive in certain sports just do their thing, finishing their races way behind all others with a big smile! :)

Attachments

• Raquel Sukkar.jpg
    Raquel Sukkar.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 64
It's coming up to the second best Horse race in the World:

'teh Cheltenham Gold Cup. Nice because the older horses get to come back every year. :D

What happened last year?

2020 Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase - Racing TV - YouTube

They are all running again. Al Boum Photo at 3-1. Santini at 14-1. Lostintranslation at 33-1. A newcomer in Champ quite fancied. Who knows?

It's going to be fun. :D

Top Horse race is the Derby of course. How to win the Derby - Racing TV visits Ballydoyle and Coolmore to find out - YouTube