Brilliancy in Sport, Your favourite moments

Top Class Jumps Racing from Ascot today.

One of my favourite Horses is going.

Shishkin in the 13.30:

Shiskin the Horse.jpg

Looks like a 2 horse race to me.

s7 Ascot 13.30 Chase.png

So even on the betting, I will duck this one. But watch with interest. :)

Last edited:
Netball Nations Cup being played in the UK at the moment: Australian Diamonds narrowly won its match with The Roses, 61-59:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01...ngland-roses-at-netball-nations-cup/103374168

An excellent, hard fought game which got a bit physical from both teams at times. Two Roses players - El Cardwell and Helen Housby - play in the Super Netball series in Australia, so they know the Oz players very well.

A question: is it more disappointing to lose (in any sport) by a lot, or a little? Knowing you could have won, if only....or know that you did your best but had no hope anyway?

Geoff

A fine result by everybody's favourite horse, Shiskin!

This English horse has suffered mental troubles lately.

Admttedly, EVERYBODY was on it in the Denman Chase.

Shiskin.jpg

But the Cheltenham Gold Cup is the one I want to win. We could be looking at 10-1 here. :D

You heard it here first! :cool:

And, No, I have no idea who will win Superbowl. But am on the 'Niners, I find the Chief's red strip a bit loud.

Galopin Des Champs won the Gold Cup for ace jumps trainer Willie Mullins. He won this one too!

Splendid Day watching the Grand National at Aintree, Liverpool from our watering hole, The Lord Palmy in Portsmouth.

Grand National 2024.jpg

None of the Famous 4 lost money, and yours truly did OK. The smart better only does £1 EW... it's for fun.

Favourite, I Am Maximus on the right won by 7 lengths, but my fancies, Delta Work in the middle with the blue cap, and Minella Indo, with the striped yellow and red hat in the middle came 2nd and 3rd respectively.

No horses fell this year with a reduced field of 32 and some lowering of fences, which is a credit to the organizers.

Sadly Martin had failed to bet on I Am Maximus and Minella Indo due to a medical incident. But seemed happy he had got it right.

And Ian just got his stake back on Non Runner Run Wild Fred.

Brent had 3 and 4, and his No.13, Galvin, on the middle left in white with a red cap, proved a great long shot in fourth at 40-1. He fancied it because the race was run on the 13 April! :rolleyes:

As I explained to my cronies, the Grand National is a form race with all the action in the last two fences.

Ah, it is indeed the Sport of Kings! A good time was had by all. We always do good at this race.

Last edited: