• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BOSC - HiFi Monoblock Class-D GaN Amp

I was, unfortunately, unable to reach the BOSC Kickstarter goal.

The good news is that there is another chance to get your hands on the BOSC amplifiers! I hope that you will support Orchard Audio and preorder BOSC directly through the website, here:
https://orchardaudio.com/shop?olsPage=products/bsc-mplfr

The preorders are available at $999 (33% off MSRP).

Once 40 preorders are placed, I will start manufacturing the BOSC amplifiers, and shipments will start 8-12 weeks after that.

Pricing is as follows:
$999 for the first 40 preorders
$1099 for orders 41 through 60
$1199 for orders 61 and up

So far I have the following

• GreatLaBroski -- 11 x bare board
  • poseidonsvoice -- 5 x bare board
  • pinnocchio -- 2 x board board (pending)

If anybody else is intersted please send me an email to leo@orchardaudio.com.

I just placed the order for the bare circuit boards. So those of you who are purchasing parts on your own feel free to do so. Typical turn around on these is 4-6 weeks.

And thanks again for giving us DIY’ers the option to assemble this ourselves in addition to the pre-built units. For a stereo pair of GaN fet amps with top quality components, the asking price for assembled units is very fair. But for certain projects, like mine, the only way to make this accessible from a budget standpoint is to build it DIY.

Since most aren’t on NDA and don’t have access to the BOM, I’ll say that components are very very nice quality. There weren’t any compromises for component pricing.

I approve of you making extra copies of the stencil but not providing the stencil files to anybody else unless I confirm that they have an NDA.

I wouldn't ever share those files. I understand how NDA's work and I respect our agreement and your right to maintain control of your intellectual property. :)

But I'll make a couple of extra copies just in case others need them.

Questions:

- Stable into 2 Ohms?

- What is the recommended power supply, arrangement and voltage?

- could you provide details of heat dissipation requirements / heatsink size?

- residual noise measurement?

I'm looking at a multichannel build.

Yes, 2-ohm stable.

The power supply can be between 48 and 60V. The max output power of the amplifier will depend on the power supply voltage and load. You have to ensure that output power does not exceed 200W.

The residual noise is 32uV.

Power is dissipated mostly into the circuit board, the heatsink can be added to the GAN devices to keep them cooler. I have used these with success:
FISCHER ELEKTRONIK / ICK SMD F 10 SA

Last edited: