Best electrolytic capacitors

I will be looking towards 4700uf, 35v, for use in both my DAC, and preamp/headphone amplifier.

If they are even close to say, Nichicon KG, then they are a bargain, given the long, rated lifetime. Who knows, may well be much better.
The bass - junkie, portion of my brain has me hesitating...

................. my 500pcs of 3.3uf 100v ero mkt1822 caps.250pcs for each rail.....................
that's +-825uF/channel

I have tried that. To much treble and midrange.

what about bass if we compare with same capacitance single elco cap?

.......................... power cap is a 12000uF 63V per rail. ..................
typical Power Amplifier smoothing is from +-4700uF to +-40,000uF per channel.

If one uses only +-826uF, then expect no bass performance.

BTW, 100uF to 2200uF is typical of MF decoupling. 250 off 3u3F is MF decoupling, if you can locate it close enough to the power pins of the output devices.

Bad Caps

Can someone tell what these are?
Had them as output in D1 DAC. Now I replaced them by Panasonic FC (bought as such) which sound better (but only after 2 days).
These old ones made too much and sloppy bass

Attachments

• IMG_8447a.jpg
    IMG_8447a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,049
Rubycon ZLH and Nichicon PA & HE look to be tops as regards ESR. Can't find the PA's here though for some reason.

I like the ZL and ZLH for their durability, size and low ESR - they're fine for SMPS/PSU/VRM applications, as well as general digital bypass on PC motherboards, etc. YMMV for audio duty - ZL is good for bypass, but probably too harsh in most signal-path applications. Almost all Rubycons (except Black Gates) have magnetic leads.

Similarly, almost all Nichicons (except some Muse series) have magnetic leads. The Muses (especially KZ) are great for just about any audio application, but physically large. Muse KW and SW are good trade-offs - relatively compact, and reasonably good for audio.

I hope they haven't crossed the Rubicon to a fiscal downfall or something.

Rubycon got into trouble because they were late in switching from Aluminium to Solid Polymer Electrolytics, which are now the mainstay of the commodity PC and digital equipment business. That business is now dominated by Sanyo, Nippon-Chemicon, Nichicon, and some Chinese and Taiwanese rivals. They also got killed in generic electrolytics by Panasonic, Elna, Nippon-Chemicon, Samxon, Samwha and others. Rubycon now has some polymer lines - but probably too little, too late.

It doesn't help that they also stopped manufacturing their niche high-value lines like Black Gates.