Babelfish ᄅſ....or FW J2 on Steroids .... or Not your Father's J2!

Hi ZM, can you advise if you have made any changes at all to schematics as shown for your various output stage options as shown in post numbers 1, 49, 64, 89, 99, 116 and 174 of this thread?

I plan to do the "Semisouth down and IRFP150 up version" as you call it.

Regards,

Gary..

I'm guessing the sound still too sparkly. This last few days I just found out that a schaded half F5 acts very similarly to a SIT in terms of harmonic spectra. :)

Attachments

• Fake SIT Nemesis.gif
    Fake SIT Nemesis.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 549
  • Fake SIT Nemesis FFT.gif
    Fake SIT Nemesis FFT.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 545
  • Fake SIT Nemesis.asc
    5.5 KB · Views: 42
ZM,

putting together my BOM for the poor man's iteration and wondering about CNY17... I find billion versions of this opto with different parameters... could you kindly specify which one to get ?

I suppose the 4n35 I have somewhere in a drawer are of no use in this case...

Thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you're right

simple as that

:)

fine thing with LEDs as reference is - they're not too noisy , and you get some free light too

:rofl:

of course , when one needs more stable reference , there are other solutions , but for biasing cascodes this is most funny and more than good enough

Last edited:
Thank You ZM,

concerning Zeners, same answer you gave to Dennis (I think) in other thread ? 500mW 2% ?

Do I take into account temp/current for value or just drop close value in ?

First time I try not to "paint by numbers" when building something, sorry it happend with one of your creation - well not really :radar: