Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

this beautiful thing where I find it ?????

s-l500.png

That is true. I received my SITs yesterday and they came with the isolation sheet and 5 bushing rings. The SITs were matched within 0.1V, 2.27V & 2.17V respectively, if you can trust prss1701's measurements. Some assembly is required as the bushing is about 2.5mm longer than the SIT is wide.

Attachments

• SIT.jpg
    SIT.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 416
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I Have these in my next Mouser order for mounting after measuring THF several times with digital calipers (out of paranoia). They will be nice and tight and fully insulate the mounting ear holes while allowing me to use 6-32 stainless screws to mount these hockey pucks.

561-08012 Eagle Plastic Devices | Mouser

These are the pads I settled for.

CD-02-05-C-54 Wakefield-Vette | Mouser

@ Del...nice to see someone else doing chassis work from scratch too. Haven’t taken any pics but the aluminum chips are flying here too ;)

Has there been a BOM written up for the Sissy that we need to come up with ourselves assuming our THF are within Zen’s Kosher range for this project?

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That is true. I received my SITs yesterday and they came with the isolation sheet and 5 bushing rings. The SITs were matched within 0.1V, 2.27V & 2.17V respectively, if you can trust prss1701's measurements. Some assembly is required as the bushing is about 2.5mm longer than the SIT is wide.

My own measurements showed Prasi's to be spot on and the three devices I bought are all a gnat's whisker apart.