Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

tumblr_m2yt0hDNRa1rrlq03o1_500.gif

Joined 2006
Paid Member
1482288954-Screen-Shot2018-11-20at12-56-26-AM-png-05d8e1cf05e8f4d8b286be5c8200f0f1.png

I have this framed on the wall.:D

LOL, that's kind of sad but funny.
My neighbor, a not so hard core diy'er borrowed my M2 after listening to an F6 with Jensens he had. Clearly liked the M2 much more overall and built his own and totally has no regrets. He's a musician too, but not a professional one.
The standard M2 I listen to in office during the standard work weekday. Makes all kinds of stuff sound very organic and listenable.
The SissySIT I have not listened to any of the Tonkins yet myself, but have a SIT-2 prototype of my own that I bought long ago. It's more detailed, but if you listen to lo-fi stuff, or old digital Tom Waits stuff your going get listener fatigue after a while, because there is no getting around the source. I am considering the edcors for my own SissySit build because I think they may make my vast collection of poor recordings sound better. I am into this game for the music first. But who knows, the Jensens may win here with ZM's implementation.

........because there is no getting around the source. I am considering the edcors for my own SissySit build because I think they may make my vast collection of poor recordings sound better. I am into this game for the music first.

A pair of Edcors is on hand for the same reasons.
Hopefully, a set of SissySIT boards is in my near future. Ease of conversion to M25 configuration makes this direction a very tempting one to pursue.