Babelfish M25 R.2/SET amp

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
due to circumstances, not
I'm certainly lacking T-Bed 2, or even T-Bed 3 :rofl:

though, as I wrote, Old Soul was visiting some serious Tube Heads and only after some serious thinking and some hard nudging from lesser Tube Heads, choice is that LuDEF is preferred partner for their Tannoys

SET - as my friend Miro said is - having all details of LuDEF, while invoking same green as Sissy

which is completely logical, looking at graphs

ZM, Happy Camper, once more avoiding Public Disgrace :devily:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
"Invoke and evoke both stem from the Latin vocare, meaning "to call." Invoke means "to call upon" and is usually used when someone calls upon a law, right, or authority. Evoke on the other hand means "to call forth" and is often used to refer to calling upon memories or emotions."

you're really expecting Mighty ZM to care about so diminutive differences

:rofl:

what's Deity or two, between friends ?

:clown:

I mean , me being Deity, still can have friends?

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 460
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
LTSpice sez - not much difference at 1W

though, at arbitrary chosen higher level - 10W, THD levels are in favor of IRFP ....... which means - Schade needs to be taken down in level, to decrease anti-current behavior, thus decreasing current swing of non-Schaded mosfet

in short - 18K resistor maybe to 20K or so

pretty confident in sim, generally observing behavior and trends, not expecting numbers too much

in cases where numbers are close to T-Bed, I'm just saying - so what ..... :clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I did replied to your email, asking for few more details

I have precognition that you need something simple and wild, considering efficiency and power level needed for your drivers, but can't be sure without you replying

it isn't my goal to sell you what I have, if we can dig for simpler and more effective solution

First I need to establish 1watt sensitivity...a large format compression driver on a 350hz tractrix horn should yield approximately 112-114db sensitivity but it would be nice if we could establish a cheap product I could use to test the signal power...the multimeter I picked up from home depot is not resolved enough to specify 1 watt =(

After the Axi (8ohms) gets a voice I have ae15m 16ohm woofers who will sing mid and need a power supply as well...75watts would reach max spl goals.

I request tonal transparency and accuracy to spl...I was told monotonicity is the trait the amp must have...

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
monotonicity, that doesn't ring any bell for me

what is certain - you need fine good amp

I can't see under your nick from where you are ...... but simplest way of establishing some references could be that you find someone close to you - having ACA made , and try it in tweet amp position

then you'll know 2 important things :

-do you need better amp than ACA
-do you need more ooomph than ACA is giving

in which case is important to note - ACA can be used either as stereo SE am , or mono balanced

regarding that condition - balanced amp or at least amp with balanced input, none of my recent amps is adequate

I'll soon have some amps with balanced input, but you really need some reference points (above) ........ then we can help you how to easiest get to the goal

Part of my issue is a lack of understanding, I have no idea what ACA is....

Maybe a compare and contrast of your opinions is wise. All I can say is that I am looking for true to signal. There is a device used to convert balanced to unbalanced...that leaves my amp choices open I believe. I feel that I'm going to say the wrong thing but is it not a Jensen transformer? A product called an Iso-Max.

Last edited: