Audio Precision System Sys1 USB Interface

Compatible with Windows run via Parallels on Mac?

Does anyone have experience re. running the APIB adapter on a virtual machine?
More specifically, Win7 or WinXP system run as a VM via Parallels on a Mac laptop?

I just got my APIB adapter, works great on my stationary Win7 PC (thanks a bunch, Udo :cheers:) - however, for practical reasons, it would be even better if I could get it to work on my laptop, which, however, happens to be a Mac.

Cheers!

Hi kannan

You can insert a Male 2 Female DB25 all pin cable or use the AP cables like adding the DCX-127 and or SWR xxx switchers. Keep to total length short as practical. The real AP cards will take about 25-30 feet before some timing may cause an ERROR. Back in the DOS test system days I had DCX and 9 switchers working without and problems. I have not looked for longer cables than about 8' with 2 switchers and the DCX with the APIB USB adapter. I will put this on the list to verify.

Duke

So I just resurrected an old Win XP partition I had backed up, running it via Parallels / Bootcamp on my Mac laptop.
After installing the program & USB driver, patching .dll and all: when trying to run the AP program, I geat the error message "WinUSB driver missing".

Anyone...?

Cheers
v.

Hi Volksen
I have not used a Mac to run ApWin. I'm very well informed about AP's and Udo's APIB USB adapter.

Get back to basics, Replace the "apio.dll" with the original apio.dll 80k, remove the USB interface and see if ApWin 2.24 will open and run in demo mode.

If this works then I think that some other USB DRIVER has been installed by error.

Many times during installation of ApWin the CARD was installed before the ApWin was installed and the incorrect drivers were installed by the operating system. You needed to pull out the card, remove the driver, Reboot, install ApWin, shutdown, install card, turn on the computer, and the correct driver would be installed.

I hope this will help.
Duke:)

Works great now with Win7 as a VM

Duke and Udo,

I had to rush meanwhile, so I got some "used" Win7 install off Ebay (less than 7 Euro, mind you! - and downloading & installing it as a complete virtual machine within Parallels took even less than one hour)

With that, all works great on my Macbook Pro! First time I connected the USB adaptor cable, I made it's assignment to the Win7 VM permanent, now it's assigned to the VM automatically everytime I plug it in.

Until recently, there only was a problem when trying to run the APWin software offline (i.e. without the USB Adaptor connected). However, I just got Udo's updated Apio.dll (version 2, available since 2 weeks or so), which works better. I still get the error message "No Adaptor connected", but upon hitting "ignore", I get the original System Select Dialogue, and once no system has actually been found, the software runs in demo mode just fine.

Thanks again Udo!!
:cheers:

Where is Udo?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Udo can be contacted? I really need to get hold of one of his adapters. I've emailed every address I have for him in an effort to see if I can get one but I've had no response at all - nada...

I know he went off-grid a while ago and then suddenly came back... Maybe the same has happened as he's very busy.

I also emailed Duke as well but still was met with silence... Can anyone help with this?

Presently I have a System One with no comms! Aaargh!

???

Duke & Udo, we miss you

Gaztech46,
thanks for the PM ,
sorry I can not help you.
I had no communications with either for a while
my ApibUSB works fine from XP through w7 32 to win10 64 .
and for sys1 - S 2 2322

I have other, original AP I/F s that could solve, but not as great.
maybe Duke´s out for celebrating new year ?
hope he´s back soon

All the best to all, Michael

Heard from Duke!

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that I've heard from Duke! He emailed me this morning to say that he's put me on the backorder list.

All good - I hope. No timescale on when the adapters will be available but at least the project is still up and running.

I'll post again here if I hear more.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi

I am going to installa the SYS one by usb cable on laptop win10 64 bit
With win 7 it was running fine but now the new installation was wrong
In attach two screenshot of message i got

Any idea?

Many thx

Attachments

• IMG_7439.JPG.jpg
    IMG_7439.JPG.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 345