Audio Precision System Sys1 USB Interface

Earlier this year I emailed him about purchasing one of the USB interfaces. He answered me that he would soon have a second batch.

That was in May. Because so much time has passed with no word from him and he does not appear to have posted here either, I fear that something unfortunate may have happened to him.

Perhaps someone who is close to him or knows him personally will respond or check on him.

Udo?

Couple of things...

If anyone finds out if Udo is still around could they please post here? I've been trying to get hold of him for some time now as I need an adaptor.

Udo, if you are on here and see these posts, could you please let everyone know what your current state of play is? I don't mind putting together a kit of parts and building an adaptor if that makes it easier for you. Or is there any other way I can help to get some of these moving...? Please let me know if you can.

Thanks.

Black matter

I ordered four adapters from Udo in May this year and prepayed using PayPal, €660,00 in total. Then I received two adapters two weeks later. And then nothing. No response on mail, just nothing. Black matter.

The adapters works fine but I really would like to have all four Sys. Ones up and running so that my students also can play with them.

I really hope that Udo is OK!

Hello all,

Please don't worry, i am fine :)

Until end of the month i am working on a big Siemens project which
did not leave much spare time for Audio.

In Dezember and January i have time to take care that anybody interested gets the adapter.

Thanks and pardon my bad communication skills
Udo

Hi
I tested the AP USB Interface again with another SYS2422 (Cascade2). The problem that the connected AP device is not correctly detected still exist. Even if I select the correct device in the software (like Duke suggested) it still expects to load only tests with .at1 extensions.
And now the special effect: If I use an extension cable (for parallel ports) between the SYS 2422 and the 25 -pin connector of Udos interface it works perfect with auto detection setting. Any idea why the interface works correctly only in this constellation? Could it be a problem with the signal level? Has anyone else observed this or is this a behavior of only my unique interface?

Regards Werner

Hi Werner,

please make sure that you are testing with the latest DLL. I remember that there were nasty timing and initialization Problems. These should be solved with the latest DLL.
I do not have access to my Laptop now to send you the latest DLL. I will put a small Webpage with the DLL online in Dezember.

Best,
Udo

Hi Werner,

please make sure that you are testing with the latest DLL. I remember that there were nasty timing and initialization Problems. These should be solved with the latest DLL.
I do not have access to my Laptop now to send you the latest DLL. I will put a small Webpage with the DLL online in Dezember.

Best,
Udo

Hi Udo

Thanks for reply. The version of my apio.dll is 1.1.0.0. Waiting for the webpage ...

Best regards
Werner

Hi Udo

Thanks for reply. The version of my apio.dll is 1.1.0.0. Waiting for the webpage ...

Best regards
Werner

Werner,

I am really lucky, that the Siemens project ended now, and that i have more
time to for interesting audio projects :)) First i put a webpage online Audio Precision compatible USB adapter. You can download the latest Software there. This should solve your problem with the hardware detection.

Best reagards,
Udo

I ordered four adapters from Udo in May this year and prepayed using PayPal, €660,00 in total. Then I received two adapters two weeks later. And then nothing. No response on mail, just nothing. Black matter.

The adapters works fine but I really would like to have all four Sys. Ones up and running so that my students also can play with them.

I really hope that Udo is OK!

Thanks Bjørn - i am fine.

I made an error, sending you only two adapters.
I will send you the 2 missing adapters after Christmas.

Please have a look at the Audio Precision compatible USB adapter site for software updates.
There is a newsletter subscription form to keep you informed about
software updates.

Udo

Hello,

I want to give you a quick status update. I have finalized the remaining connectors
and will send them after Christmas in a first come first serve fashion.
I also ordered another 30 assembled prints, which will be shipped to anybody who has send me an email up to now.
I will try to answer your emails as soon as possible.

Thx,
Udo