Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi,
I just added the pre-assembled UCConditiner 3.3V to my already working DDC pi-less. Now i'm getting the following error (in the image). Any idea what is going wrong here?

On reverting the build (disconnecting the UCConditoner), i still get the no-sig error. Is one of my boards screwed?

Attachments

• IMG_0079 (1).jpg
    IMG_0079 (1).jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0081 (2).jpg
    IMG_0081 (2).jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Further to my message to Gabby 2000 on his great YouTube channel, in the manual for the UcPure III, @iancanada states that the minimum size of the connected super cap needs to be 3000F or larger. Does that just apply to the balancer board used that only fits that form factor, or is there something else? Making +/- 15v supplies (with 12 x 3000F SC’s!!) for low power audio circuits that just run a few opamps is overkill and seriously expensive! So my simple question is, can I use caps like the 500-600F versions shown on Gabby’s channel and use the clever charge function of the UcPure III to do the charging? (still expensive, but worth it for the function it provides!) Obviously will use a balancer / protective board for the SC’s.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! all. my purepi doesn't have 3.3v output, My streamer consist of:
Purepi, Rpi4b, receiverpi ddc, amanero 384, fifopiq7, hdmipipro and Ucconditioner 3.3v. All the device are function ok, except the J2- 3.3v of purepi ;no power output. I have checked and tested the fuse, it is ok. I have set the S4 switch to off position (enable battery function). All the D11, D1,D13,D8, D10,D4 LED are lit, but the J2 - 3.3v still no power output. Is anybody facing the same problem? From the photo, u can see no power output to the ucconditioner. Pls assist. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240226_212547.jpg
    20240226_212547.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 81
That's really interesting and looks like a professional product. Well done!

I am wondering how much better the UCpure with the 3000F caps sounds in comparison to UCconditioners powered by LinearPi. Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks🙂

I think Gabster made a review of the OPA861 analog stage on YouTube where I compare the two PS powering that OPA861.

I am wondering how much better the UCpure with the 3000F caps sounds in comparison to UCconditioners powered by LinearPi. Does anyone have experience with both?
Hi @pkonstantinidis

No experience in using a UcConditioner with a LinearPi but I did use a UcConditioner to power the FiFoPi Q7 in the following stack: PurePi -> RPi4 -> FiFoPIQ7 -> HDMIPiPro.

I then replaced the UcConditioner with a UcPureMkIII (3.3V - 3000F Caps). There was a substantial increase in sound quality - the UcPure easily outpacing the UcConditioner.

In my view introducing the UcPure is one of the best value for money changes I've made in my system for a very long time.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello DIY'ers. I have 3 questions I'm unable to solve:

1: If is use a intel NUC with ROCK installed as a roon endpoint and i use the usb output, and connect that to a amanero USB board, connected to a receiver DCC can i get native DSD ?

2: the powering scheme for ian canada components: I'm planning on buying the following:

receiver dcc
amanero usb
fifo Q7
DUAL mono dac (ian canada)
OPA861
dual linair supply (3V.)
Pure pi

Now, the fifo q7 is powered by a ucPure mk3 with 2X 3v. 3000F capacitors (via uc balancer).
I want a PurePi to power the receiver dcc (5v.) (which also powers the camanero usb board??) and the dac (3v.)
than I use a dual lineair supply (2X 5V.) to power de OPA 861.

does this powering scheme makes sense? do i have all the power supply's to power all the components? is this the best powering scheme price/sound quality wise?
The thing i also don't understand is how to power the dual linair supply and the pure pi. Can you use the cheapest AC power 6-9V. and still have good sound quality? same goes for the Pure Pi.

3: oh, and third question: how much sound quality difference does accusilicon or SC pure clock make compared to the standard clocks on the (old/1st) FIFO Q7?

Really hope someone can help me out here!
thanks in advance.
flos

So I'm looking to get some ems field coil drivers, and while looking into power supplies I started to wonder if the ucpure, for example, could make a good field coil power supply.

I'm very much in the newbie stage of my diy journey so my ability to sort these things out with zero background in electronics is limited...but so far I don't see an issue. Ems suggests 12v which the ucpure can do.

Ideally you have the option to.change the voltage, for example my friend likes 8v. Not sure if it's possible, on any level, to modify to different voltages such as 8...?

Anyone have any thoughts on that? @iancanada

Hello DIY'ers. I have 3 questions I'm unable to solve:

1: If is use a intel NUC with ROCK installed as a roon endpoint and i use the usb output, and connect that to a amanero USB board, connected to a receiver DCC can i get native DSD ?

2: the powering scheme for ian canada components: I'm planning on buying the following:

receiver dcc
amanero usb
fifo Q7
DUAL mono dac (ian canada)
OPA861
dual linair supply (3V.)
Pure pi

Now, the fifo q7 is powered by a ucPure mk3 with 2X 3v. 3000F capacitors (via uc balancer).
I want a PurePi to power the receiver dcc (5v.) (which also powers the camanero usb board??) and the dac (3v.)
than I use a dual lineair supply (2X 5V.) to power de OPA 861.

does this powering scheme makes sense? do i have all the power supply's to power all the components? is this the best powering scheme price/sound quality wise?
The thing i also don't understand is how to power the dual linair supply and the pure pi. Can you use the cheapest AC power 6-9V. and still have good sound quality? same goes for the Pure Pi.

3: oh, and third question: how much sound quality difference does accusilicon or SC pure clock make compared to the standard clocks on the (old/1st) FIFO Q7?

Really hope someone can help me out here!
thanks in advance.
flos
Using the pure pi simplifies the setup because you will get 5v for ddc amanero FIFO 5v side and 3.3
For FIFO 3.3v clock side
So you have the dac and opa left
The dac start with the same 3.3v from pure pi
And get a dual 5v +- UcPure for the opa861
Starting simple and upgrade later is the best strategy.
In the future you can convert your 2 Ucpures to a 5v and 3.3v and move from pure pi to a station pi
And use more Uc pures.
I am in the process of doing a few videos about that exact setup based on station pi or pure pi with all power options all depends how much money you want to spend and how big of a setup you are willing to tolerate
As far as clocks the new FIFO has nice upgraded clocks almost on par with Accusilicon
Maybe consider the ScPures later on

Reactions: 1 users
shielding transformers, clocks, the back of the touchscreen, raspberry pi still needs to be done and The corners still needs some soldering.
I am going to treat copper with nickel, it comes close to MU metal.

I only found out later that Mu-metal would have been better.
I don't think it will help much, but every percent counts.

Attachments

• 2024-03-21-15-44-15-030.jpg
    2024-03-21-15-44-15-030.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 2024-03-21-15-44-20-634.jpg
    2024-03-21-15-44-20-634.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2024-03-10-22-04-59-564.jpg
    2024-03-10-22-04-59-564.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hello All

I would like to get some opinions & advice please from all of you knowledgeable experts out there.

I currently power my RPi3 with a PurePI. I'm thinking of using a UcPure to power the RPi3 instead

Some questions, that I would really appreciate your input on:
  1. I am assuming I would need to use the "continuous output" mode of the UcPure for this purpose?
  2. Am I likely to gain any sonic benefits from using a UcPure to power the RPi3?
  3. Am I misguided in wanting to do this?
Many thanks in advance

SA

Gizmo3, did you ground your copper shield sitting on the clocks? Other shield attached to the enclosure are by default grounded. Grounding the clocks copper shield is a must and makes a big difference. Also applying anti vibration to the clocks helps.
I haven't done that, but that's a good point indeed, we'll do that.
I secured the clocks internally (copper shield) with blu tack so no vibrations.