Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Or could I mount the ShieldPi Pro under the StationPi's daughter board? Would it still have its desired effect there?
This would require a GPIO extender, and my current case would no longer accommodate the project -- but that is a challenge for another day.
Mounting the ShieldPi Pro under the StationPi's daughter board appears not to be possible.
But I could mount it on the clean side of the StationPi, under the FifoPi?
Sorry if I am slow... Learning every day...
Help would really be appreciated.

Thanks Geoturbo.

From one side maybe it will be easiest to sell Usbridge and buy regular RoPi. But I think it will be more interesting to work with USBridge Sig.

I was also thinking to use Conditioner PI ontop of USBridge but not sure if I would be able to solder capasitors myself.

Pawel
Hi all,

I decided to generally go with extension kit and I picked two setups one cheaper and one a little bit more expensive.

1700167841658.png

cheaper below

1700167942939.png

I am still thinking which one to buy. Other question on my mind is should I use GPIO extension kit, would that be significantly better for sound quality?
Extension kit will separate Allo US Bridge SIG from rest of audio boards from Ian.

What do you think ?

Pawel

Another question: what is the proper orientation for mounting the Amanero board on the StationPi Pro? USB connector down or up? I see pics on the web of both versions. This one is 'up:
View attachment 1235697
and this one (@iancanada 's own pic) is 'down':
View attachment 1235698
Or maybe the one that Ian is using is not Amanero? It looks different.

I will not start soldering until I am sure :)
1700224637580.png

I have an Amanero on my DDC (RPIless) and it is mounted this way On the PiStationPro

Joined 2021
Paid Member
My Spring3 sounds really great by the I2S over HDMI input from a HdmiPi Pro with SC-Pure upgraded.
But I can not decide which is better comparing with my new ES9038Q2M Dual Mono II using the same SC-Pure and OPA861IV (powered by two UcPure for +/-5V).
They have different sound signature. The R2R has higher sound density and plays more dynamic, while the DM II is more musical and with more details.
I'll post a comparison chart later.
I’m still debating here 🤯. If I get this correctly you changed clock and OP amp on the Spring3? Can I do it on the May as well? I wonder what could be the best combination and that chart could be of some interest to me it would!! As always thank you in advance!

Hi everyone 🙂
Small video about my DiY Dac & Streamer...which runs like a power tank completely on LifePO4 batteries...
And everything packed in two cases 🙂
Still under construction; and I still have to finalise a few things .

I also wanted to thank Ian again for the good support...Ian doesn't let anyone down...sometimes it can take a while; because he can't clone himself :) so thank you Ian for your help :)

Chapeau, craftsman at it's best!!! Thanks a lot for sharing! 🚀

I think many people, including myself would be interested about cost estimates of your finish build?
Also Gabster's full built he never mentioned price, but as I'd now my experience it would be good for starters to know which price direction such a build someone should think about.. my estimate about your showed setup would say it goes in the direction of €4k...

Thanks a lot...

Reactions: 1 user
Hi gerihifi thanks again here too ;)

Gabster has shown that you can achieve very good quality with not too much effort, which then comes to our ears :)
which is very interesting for beginners to get into the audiophile area

because everything is so modular and you can upgrade everything to a Rev2, Rev3 etc; improve your system bit by bit

the basis gabster has shown is excellent for this
I can build you one with a cabinet
We can discuss a price when we agree on where to start your journey

I'm still putting things together but I don't think it's that high. My Pi-less build would be as follows. This comes to about $1600 USD

#35C StationPi SMT
#4B ESS Dual Mono II DAC and I/V board
#1D FifoPiQ7
#19D ReceiverPi DDC
#49B MonitorPi Pro
#50A GPIO extender
#7A Transformer I/V (Bisesik)

Power:

#41C UcPure MkIII x2
#41F UcBalancer KIT x2

4 Eaton caps
1 pair of transformers for I/V stage
Charging PSU

Case, face plates, switches, feet, panel connectors

I already have the charging PSU and got eaton caps for a very cheap price so that saves me about a $100 USD

Hello,

I'm using this set up: PurePi, RPi 3b, FifoPiQ7, TranportPi MKII. I wanted to upgrade xo clocks to Accusilicon as318-b 45 and 49 mhz. I've installed them and there was no output. I found a tip in Ian's documentation to bend the OE leg because it can confuse the system, I tried that way too, but still didn't work. Lastly, I tried to install the clocks that came with FifoPi originally and there is no output.
I would be thankful if someone could give some advice.

Thanks,
Dénes

Attachments

• received_870345261412412.png
    received_870345261412412.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 88
I use a separate RPi streamer. But RPi has limitations on bitrate. I have used it to transmit 64dsd native and DoP from my streamer to my Piless DAC.

If you can point me to a dsd256,512,1024 sample files I can try them to see where it stops.
I’m using volumio on RPi on my streamer with fifoPi and HDMIPro to transmit i2S to my DAC stack.
my Rpi4 can play DSD512 ,and PCM1536 - stock , RopieeeXL and Roon, USB to Denafrips