Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

With the same ‘Apple’ remote you have and also with a programmable remote “skip” one half programmed for monitorpipro and the other for volumio mimicking a stereo remote.

Attachments

• IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    687.1 KB · Views: 42
Maybe my mpipro is defected? I already write emails to Ian about this problem but he seems not to understand my problem, but I think my video is obvious. And I tell him every detail of the problem. He still does not understand what the problem is... Very strange reaction of him. Maybe I shoud contact Audiophonics instead of him.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @iancanada,

I hope to catch you at a good time, I just had a quick question.

I'm planning obsolence since I have a spare Q3, RCP, 18650 Lithiumwerks, TransportPi sitting around. My initial plan was to just build a duplicate, redudant of my primary system since it's Mission Critical. But that would require a duplicate UcPure infrastructure in the future and it's glued to a desktop setup.

I've been thinking about Travel in 2024 lately and how I can bring my legacy Ian Stack into my Carry-On.

Since the PurePi MKII is an natural option:

The LifePO4Mini would be too bulky for travel not to mention TSA complications, but the problem is I'm allergic to Mains.

So my question is can I run the PurePi MKII off a 5V/3A Battery Pack via USB-C?

I will consider the battery pack a higher grade DC power supply, not to mention it can be considered isolation mode:

My other option is to use my legacy BMS or a combo of legacy BMS/PurePi MKII:

View attachment 1226246

Oh, one more question if you have time, does the PurePi MKII scale? If I feed a 5V/5A battery pack, will it output 5V/5A?

Thanks. I'm really enjoying my UcPure as my Gaming experience is dead quiet. I tried Music with USB again, but I cannot get into USB at all even though it's dead quiet and super clean. I standby that USB is not ready for Prime Time for Music, so glad to invest in Toslink solutions at this time. It's just too bad I cannot travel with the UcPure.

View attachment 1226247

I tested Ian's streamer via a 5V/2.1A battery pack and it works :). But I recommend a 3A+ battery!
RPi4 4GB, PurePi, FiFoPi Q7 with SC-Pure Clocks, HDMI Pro and Ucconditioner 3.3V.
It even seems to me that it sounds better, but before you connect to the battery, be sure to fully charge the PurePi (supercapacitors and batteries for 3.3V).
Someone try it and give your opinion, I think that sounds better than mine iFi IpowerX 5V power supply.

Last edited:
I tested Ian's streamer via a 5V/2.1A battery pack and it works :). But I recommend a 3A+ battery!
RPi4 4GB, PurePi, FiFoPi Q7 with SC-Pure Clocks, HDMI Pro and Ucconditioner 3.3V.
It even seems to me that it sounds better, but before you connect to the battery, be sure to fully charge the PurePi (supercapacitors and batteries for 3.3V).
Someone try it and give your opinion, I think that sounds better than mine iFi IpowerX 5V power supply.

Many Thanks!!! Since I'm an advocate of being completely Off-Mains, at least on the Source Side if other gear is Mains-dependent, this brings great joy. It will help with my Mains allergy if I do pursue this route one day once I'm ready to travel again.

Yes, 3A+ should be minimum in 2023. That's why I'm curious too if the PurePi MKII can scale to 5A+ for the RPi5. Ian mentions feeding 2.5A+ in the manual, so 3A+ scales? But 5A+ should scale too? Since this is for my backup travel rig, RPi4 is perfect but I like to keep options open especially now that scalpers are starting to have an impact.

image-619.jpg

Ian's hard work has given me options to architect with getting Off Mains w/ convenience. So I'll be forever grateful to Ian I'm not a slave to Mains anymore. It's 2023 after all. More focus should be on low noise floor modulation since Ian has given us the tools to do so. After reading the PurePi MKII manual, the 5V is not in "Pure Mode", but the 3.3V is so not an issue since it's 18650. So with a battery pack, 5V should be considered "Pure Mode" along with the whole PurePi MKII. Leak should be fixed for those with Mains allergies.
  • Random RF noise creates noise floor modulation, which degrades SQ
  • Random RF noise is very difficult to be fully removed
  • Mains has lots of random RF noise
  • My Modern DAC has a filter to completely remove switching noise
So in theory, a power bank is better because there is no main's random RF noise, and the switching noise from DC-DC converter is easily removed with a built-in filter on a modern DAC.

I planned on a big check-in travel case and implement all my spare Ian parts in there, but if I want to scale down I can consider the PurePi MKII as an option now for carry-on.

Ian has updated the order form:

orderform.png

Last edited:
Many Thanks!!! Since I'm an advocate of being completely Off-Mains, at least on the Source Side if other gear is Mains-dependent, this brings great joy. It will help with my Mains allergy if I do pursue this route one day once I'm ready to travel again.

Yes, 3A+ should be minimum in 2023. That's why I'm curious too if the PurePi MKII can scale to 5A+ for the RPi5. Ian mentions feeding 2.5A+ in the manual, so 3A+ scales? But 5A+ should scale too? Since this is for my backup travel rig, RPi4 is perfect but I like to keep options open especially now that scalpers are starting to have an impact.

View attachment 1227905
Ian's hard work has given me options to architect with getting Off Mains w/ convenience. So I'll be forever grateful to Ian I'm not a slave to Mains anymore. It's 2023 after all. More focus should be on low noise floor modulation since Ian has given us the tools to do so. After reading the PurePi MKII manual, the 5V is not in "Pure Mode", but the 3.3V is so not an issue since it's 18650. So with a battery pack, 5V should be considered "Pure Mode" along with the whole PurePi MKII. Leak should be fixed for those with Mains allergies.
  • Random RF noise creates noise floor modulation, which degrades SQ
  • Random RF noise is very difficult to be fully removed
  • Mains has lots of random RF noise
  • My Modern DAC has a filter to completely remove switching noise
So in theory, a power bank is better because there is no main's random RF noise, and the switching noise from DC-DC converter is easily removed with a built-in filter on a modern DAC.

I planned on a big check-in travel case and implement all my spare Ian parts in there, but if I want to scale down I can consider the PurePi MKII as an option now for carry-on.

Ian has updated the order form:

View attachment 1227906
I wonder if this could be a solution:
https://thepihut.com/products/ups-module-3s

Does anyone have a recommendation for good LiFePo4 18650 batteries (for the PurePi), it's very hard to find good 3.2V LiFePo4 batteries.
@iancanada do you have any recommendations?

I only recommend Lithiumwerks AKA A123, but I don't know how difficult the shipping will be for a couple of batteries.

product-cell-18650.jpg

https://lithiumwerks.com/products/lithium-ion-18650-cells/

I made a similar recommend here:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/making-an-ian-canada-streamer.403864/post-7467425

Stortronics is the offical USA store for Lithiumwerks, but you can find these batteries on Vape sites too:

https://stortronics.com/manufacture...-2-ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-lifepo4-battery/

https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/lithiumwerks-apr18650m1b

Last edited:
I wonder if this could be a solution:
https://thepihut.com/products/ups-module-3s

Appreciate the suggest, but I've been using this for years successfully with Ian's gear:

lifepo4-edit-10-both_jpg_project-body.jpg

I can power 5V via GPIO and it has a 3.3V output.

I scale with 26650 not 18650, but I think battery pack + PurePi II optimal.

18650-26650-Lithium-Werks-Cells-PR-square.jpg

I use one 26650 in place of the 18650, but I can add 26650 sleds too to scale:

sled.jpg

If fact, I changed my Group Buy to include a SC-PURE now that battery pack + PurePi II is an option.

I'm only missing a Clock and a Power Supply to complete my secondary stack. Power Supply can wait.

I wasn't looking forward to building a duplicate UcPure foundation for my secondary stack, so a battery pack + PurePi MKII should work out.

Last edited: