Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi guys! I am slowly getting ready to build my streamer with Ians amazing parts. But to make this happend I really need your guys help, initially. I have the hammond 1182 but I really need your help in understanding how to connect it to everything. My plan is the following:
1D. FifoPi Q7 Flagship I2S/DSD/DoP FIFO with isolator,re-clocker and dual XO $189.00
#26B. UcConditionerMkII 3.3V (Universal), $69.00
#17B. HdmiPi Pro Flagship HDMI transport interface, $125
12B. 2.5mmx11mm metal standoffs for RPI lot of 4 sets, $2.80 * 2
#32B. LinearPi MkII Solo Linear Power supply, $69.00 * 2
34A. LinearPi Standoff/Screw Sets, $4.90 * 2
35C. StationPi fully finished, $48.00

The goal is to only have on "box" with all these components in it. But I must understand how do I connect the different wires to and from the hammond 1182? I understand that I need three wires form the power outlet and two wires to the indivual linearpi but with ones?
hammond.jpeg
I am leaving in Sweden so I have the 220v in my power outlet if that is important.

Attachments

• hammon2.jpeg
    hammon2.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 78
  • hammond3.jpeg
    hammond3.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 79
You will likely need more than just one tranny. As @wcwc says, it depends upon how advanced you want to take your power scheme. Some builders just shove a wall wart in their chassis to power the RPi. In fact, I've seen builds with 2 wall warts inside. Odd to my way of thinking, but if it gets the job done....

The Hammond transformer 1182 is a series of transformers with multiple varieties of secondary output voltages. Which ones does yours have? Hopefully it is the 9V secondary output unit. If so, you would need another linearPi solo or just buy a dual if you don’t have any yet. You could also add a uC conditioner at 5V also, just depends on how far you want to go.

You will likely need more than just one tranny. As @wcwc says, it depends upon how advanced you want to take your power scheme. Some builders just shove a wall wart in their chassis to power the RPi. In fact, I've seen builds with 2 wall warts inside. Odd to my way of thinking, but if it gets the job done....
Some people are afraid of AC power and transformers. 😉

The Hammond transformer 1182 is a series of transformers with multiple varieties of secondary output voltages. Which ones does yours have? Hopefully it is the 9V secondary output unit. If so, you would need another linearPi solo or just buy a dual if you don’t have any yet. You could also add a uC conditioner at 5V also, just depends on how far you want to go.
Yes it is a 1182 9v. A UcConditioner 5v may be an option in the future but I think my setup plus the clocks ian will release soon will be a very good start. But back to the question, how to I wire this thing? Thinking about the power outlet to the hammon 1182 and the hammond 1182 to the two LinearPis.

And take care of the dots from the drawing: On the secondary side connect all + in the same way, e.g. define that the dots are forthe positive (+) side. (Of cause there's only a + after rectification, but don't mix it. So that if primary input has a positive voltage swing, you get this positive half of AC to the rectifier, and there it gets + DC.

If you have carefully connected the primary for a test setup, connect the secondary wires the way you think the documentation says, and measure it with the multimeter.
Without any ballast/work for the transformer, the voltage will be higher than stated, so don't be confused.

SC-zuiver 22,5792/24,5760 MHz

Ik heb onlangs veel tijd besteed aan het luisteren naar de nieuwe SC-Pure klokken. Ik moet zeggen dat ik zo blij met ze ben.

Echt geweldige klokken spelen de muziek laag voor laag af, net als de stroom van wolken. Haal de geluidsbeelden nooit door elkaar. Ik heb echt genoten van deze ervaring.

Ik luisterde opnieuw naar al mijn muziekbibliotheek en werd verrast met veel nieuwe ontdekkingen.

Ian
Looks very promising. Wil the sc-pure be an improvement over the Accusilicons??

Reactions: 1 user
Follow the cable color code,
primary wiring(have a sheath at the exit of the transformer) is for 110V(117) or 220V(234),what is your tension at home?
Secondary is for the board that you want feed,
red and blue is the first Secondary 9V ,grey and yellow the second 9V
Ok, that help, plus that the dot is positive. I have 220v tension at home. The brown and orange cable, is that earth or what should they be used for?

Tack,vi är väl några fler.Nej vi pratar ac spänningen nu innan likriktning,finns ingen plus minus.Svarta prickar är fasmarkeringen inte plus eller minus.Men för att det ska bli rätt med 220V,i serie.Svart har prick som är fas,vit ihop med brun prick som är fas andra lindning,sen är nolla orange.Det du beskrev är för 110v nätspänning.

Reactions: 1 user